Author Topic: Operation flashpoint...  (Read 702 times)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Operation flashpoint...
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2002, 10:42:59 AM »
OFP. One heck of a game ain't it?! Been thru it twice and love doing user made missions.

Wouldn't it be one outstanding game if you could incorporate AH air & OFP ground?

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
Operation flashpoint...
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2002, 10:56:07 AM »
yep.

THe first time I played through OFP, it was the European version without upgrades, so all of the vehicles and aircraft had to be controlled with a mouse and keyboard.  Ugh.  I need to play through again now that joysticks are incorporated.  I really loved the infantry part of the game, but really didn't like the vehicle parts (aside from riding in them, and driving jeeps/trucks as infantry.)  I just felt it took focus away from the really strong part of the game.

If the engine was a massive multiplayer, and players controlled helocopters/tanks/etc., then it would be awesome... what WWIIOL should've been

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Operation flashpoint...
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2002, 11:04:39 AM »
I'm stuck in the mission where you need to steal some documents from Guba's HQ.. I pass the fence, take out a BMP, then make it to some bushes outside the well-lit HQ.  The patrols are impossible to maneuver around.  You can sort of game the game by picking off soldiers in patrols and lying prone in a bush  (somehow black ops are invisible while prone).  I tried stealing a Hind from the forward base, but that didnt work out too well.  I even picked off the turds sticking out of their hatch on a T72 and attempted to board, but that didn't work either :) thanks in advance for any help!!
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Operation flashpoint...
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2002, 12:15:08 PM »
Oct...at the beginning you need to head to the left before you get to the fence. Stay well back of the fence and keep going left until you reach the water. Go right along the shore line until you get to the fence. There's one patrol down there, but they are easy to avoid. After you go past the fence, keep going along the shore until you get on the back side of the HQ. It takes a while, but it works. Crawl up as far as you can to the HQ and wait for a patrol. When they pass, go into HQ, steal the docs. Egress the same way.  You basically have to go all the way to the other side of the island and come into the HQ from the opposite side. You can do it without firing a shot that way.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Operation flashpoint...
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2002, 12:47:42 PM »
Okay- how do you get past the mission where you are stuck in the forest all by yourself with your squad all dead?

The first thing to do on this one is to take off running to the other edge of the woods.  Some troops come up from the southwest edge... you need to be on the east edge.  Don't leave the east edge of the woods because there is a hind hangout around out there.

Once you get to the east edge... run south.  You'll need to go through a clearing, but there is a nice hedge row you can hide in if needed.  There will be a patrol there... but I highly advise not firing at them unless you absolutely have to.  You'll get armor's attention if you do.

You'll never be able to make the initial meeting point on time.  It will always get moved, so don't sweat it.  You'll be in for a little bit of a suprise at the second meeting point... but I'll let you experience that for yourself;)

Then, you need to get your bellybutton on my server and do some co-op missions with Cranky, HH and myself.  Its a hoot... the single player stuff doesn't really come close.

AKDejaVu

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Operation flashpoint...
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2002, 02:20:40 PM »
I didn't know you were running a server DJ. I need to apply the latest patch (it's at home, just haven't gotten around to it), but once I do that I'll be set. Is your server up regularly or is it whenever you feel like playing? I'd definitely play with you guys, just didn't know there were still AKs playing it.

Shoot me an email with your IP address and times, and I'll definitely make a point to hook up with you guys. I had a lot of fun playing it on Nim's server once.
-SW

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Operation flashpoint...
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2002, 03:13:22 PM »
if you wouldnt mind picking up another tard for an extra player oct is also interested :)
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]