Author Topic: The F4U-1C arena  (Read 3255 times)

Offline Jase

• Zinc Member
The F4U-1C arena
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2000, 12:17:00 AM »
F4's don't bother me at all.  Basically another vulcher plane, but IMO so is the majority of planes released right now.  The spit and nik (205 in right hands maybe) are just about the only good turn fighters out there.  I still have a great time in the arena, but just need to avoid the HO's that seem to plague me while trying to turn with someone.  We need more planes that turn well though, like the 38 and the YAK baby!  hehe

------------------
+Jase ^Nomads^ AH
Fly-Nomadic

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
The F4U-1C arena
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2000, 07:08:00 AM »
You were right of course Pyro.  The arena does seem to be "back to normal".  I was surprised by the big effect it had on the arena at first, but it did fade.

I am now happily back in my trusty Hawg, this time with cannons.  Although there are many more F4U's around than there was before, there numbers seem to be dwindling almost daily.  Hopefully when the next few planes get released, the F4U-1C will lose its completely un-deserved reputation as an "uber" plane.

I'm happy to say I was wrong on this one.  

------------------
Lephturn
The Flying Pigs

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
The F4U-1C arena
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2000, 07:48:00 AM »
See? I (dolomite) told ya so...  

Something tells me we won't hear quite so much complaining about the c202 or SpitV (though people may be shocked by their early war turn rate).

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
The F4U-1C arena
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2000, 09:31:00 AM »
 Having moved here from another sim where 80 to 90% of the planes in the arena were the same plane...I find myself in heaven here in AH.   I think we have it pretty good

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
The F4U-1C arena
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2000, 04:01:00 PM »
I was on the other night and heard a pilot going off:

A_Brand pilot: NO WAY A N1K SHOULD OUT TURN A SPIT!
AKDejaVu: ummmm... if it has less that 50% fuel the N1k should out turn a spit easily.
A_Brand pilot: oh... it wasn't like that in the sim I came from.
AKDejaVu: AW?
A_Brand pilot: How'd you know?

Personally I like planes that fit your flying style as opposed to having to develop a style to go with the uberplane in the sim.  Most people I don't really fear no matter what they are flying.  Some people I simply can't touch if they are flying that special bird.

AKDejaVu