Author Topic: current setup  (Read 2719 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
current setup
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2002, 04:49:30 PM »
Originally posted by Lephturn

I was just commenting mostly on -ammo-'s opening comment about the Japanese getting some "capable fighters" because I find the Tony to be a very capable fighter!

Leph, I agree with the reasons why you fly the CT, if tis fun, gives waht i asking for, then i am happy. To be honest, I have a good time in both arenas. If I am logged into AH, then that is my personal quality time, no matter which arena.

Now the subject of this post. The tony is.... A SLUG.  The only advantage it has over a P-47, Hellcat (questionable), corsair, P-38 is turn ability. And the Zeke is much better than the TONY in its best strength. It climbs like a dog, rolls like a tiffy, speed...where...Now, it does dive well, so if you get caught lower than a competent tony driver, you have a problem. It dives much better than a zeke in AH, that is for sure.  Its acceleraqtion is abismal too.

I dont think the tony is a match for any of the allied fighters in this setup pound for pound. But if you fly it smart, use its few strengths, capatilize on your enemy's mistakes, then you can rack up a few kills.  Wanna, give a tony driver fits, take up a hurricane against them . It is enabled in the setup, for whatever reason.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
current setup
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2002, 04:50:08 PM »
Yep a Spitless set-up wouldnt bother me at all. The combination of of USAAF/USMC/USN vs IJN/IJAAF should be more than enough for this set-up. This is not knocking hblair, he's the man doing the work, and I really appreciate all that the CT crew has been doing.
I do look forward to the day hopefully.................... ...
When we have some of the other carrier planes. A6m2s, A6m3s, D3as B5ns, F4fs, and SBDs.

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
current setup
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2002, 11:39:49 AM »
<<>>

I agree!  Though with a slight difference in our ideas.  I think the land shouldn't be between the forces but very far apart with the CVs between the land.  Place a port on each island and it'd be similar to "capture the flag" but would be "capture the port."  Lose your CV in deep water and you can send a new one out by using your port.  The enemy would then march towards the port not knowing where the new CV coming out to play is.  I'm not sure how the terrain editor works, if you have to have one port per CV unit, but we'd definitely need more than one CV group per side to keep it interesting.  

With low numbers though, a milk-run could mess the whole thing up.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
current setup
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2002, 05:49:01 PM »
absolutely,

f4f
lose the spit
add some more japanese planes.

THis map would be heaven.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
current setup
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2002, 06:19:01 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo
I was there because it was great Axis v. Allies planeset furballing. I was on earlier and there was this fantastic moving furball...

Furball, furball, furball. That's fine, just so I understand what the CT is. I thought it was a arena for historical matchups, strat, and play. It ain't. It's where a smaller furball happens between planesets limited by historical axis/allied fighters.

Not that that's bad either.

When I logged off last night there were 16 players online including: Hblair, Leviathon, NathBDP, Soda, TAC, Phantom4 and Buhdman (just from memory, others as well).  Let me tell you, it wasn't like clobbering newbies in the TA...  Try to get a kill or stay alive with that bunch.
EVERYBODY was Kung Foo Fighting!

eskimo

Offline Hamish

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
current setup
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2002, 06:38:34 PM »
Originally posted by Steven

With low numbers though, a milk-run could mess the whole thing up.

Easy solution: disable field(port) capture