Author Topic: Nose jiggle  (Read 762 times)

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Nose jiggle
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2002, 03:22:28 AM »
Hi Seeker, I dont know Sidewinder Profiler. The only thing I have is a little icon in the taskbar which is the SideWinder Game Controller Software. Is it the same?

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Nose jiggle
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2002, 03:56:41 AM »
That's it exactly, Duedal.

It's a usefull and user friendly piece of software; but I found in my case, with my set up, it made the nose bounce a little worse.

Turning it off has smoothend my joystick response; and of course it's one program less running in the background eating up resources.

You'll find a shortcut for it in the "start up" folder of the start up menu.

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Nose jiggle
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2002, 04:38:25 AM »
Thx Seeker. I'll deactivate this program but if I remember correctly you can't deactivate the profiler permanently, right (I'm at work so I can't proof it)?

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Nose jiggle
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2002, 09:17:42 AM »
To de activate it; all you need to do is to remove the short cut from your start menu start up folder (you can always put the short cut back in).

It'll take a bit of effort to remap all the buttons using the built in AH stick mapper, but I found for me, with my set up, it was worth it.

It's not a miracle cure, but it does seem to help :)

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
Nose jiggle
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2002, 04:33:27 PM »
Spiffy, THANKS for the 411 on Ch non-USB rudder stuff...this is exactly my setup, and on jabo / straffing, I really notice the nose jiggle.

I will up my damping to 65% and give it a try. I have it set to about 20% now...

gainsie

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Nose jiggle
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2002, 10:41:13 AM »
Twisty stick is VERY sensitive.  Experiment with your scaling, and then buy a set of pedals, so you can mess with scaling again +)

SKurj