Author Topic: Too many people, need to split arenas  (Read 164 times)

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
Too many people, need to split arenas
« on: February 21, 2002, 01:15:18 PM »
Dont know how they are going to do it, but they need to do something.  400+ people in one arena just doesnt work.  

Personally i would like to see pac and euro.  Currently I would rather fly with 10 other guys in CT than waste my time in MA (which I have been doing).   (hint limit arenas to 250 each, above that connex suck anyway, dogfighting in CT is an altogether different experience because of the smooth movement of other players).  When I started and loved this game the arena was limited to 200.  Which was just perfect.

To do the pac euro all we need are:
ki 84
Betty (not nec. since you guys are adding a new one in 1.09)
Kate/val

f4f
a26
Carrier launched dive bomber
P40 (optional but would be fun)

Get hopping HTC.  You are starting to lose people.  Two buddies just cancelled there accounts today to go to FAII and WWII online (because of the non fun MA is starting to become for some people and they couldnt take the limited planeset of CT).
Disclaimer:
This is purely a suggestion, and those of you who love to spout that crap about 'its my 15 dollars, when you pay my subscription......'  blow it out your arse. I say this because I know there is no way those that like using the above statement will offer anything constructive, so how bout a making an effort this time.  Tell me why your enjoying a 470 plane long skid mark is good enough reason to keep the game from possibly improving with 2 theatres of less people.

Offline Doberman

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2002, 01:55:07 PM »
I've got NO interest in seeing split planesets.  I'd quit flying AH if that came to light.  

I would't  mind seeing a 2nd arena with a Rolling Plane Set, but one of the draws for me is the ability to fight planes that didnt meet in real combat.   I WANT to fight Corsairs vs. Mustangs, Niki's vs. 190s, etc.

D

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2002, 02:40:56 PM »
That is fine....  Really my hard line beef is the numbers of people up in an arena.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2002, 03:44:04 PM »
HTC has said they are going to improve bandwidth, and introduce bigger maps with more fields in the MA.  These changes should go a long way to make one arena handle 400+.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2002, 04:00:53 PM »
I made a similar post in the general discussion forum some time back (well similar except for the pre-emptive "get bent" lol. And the general concensus was that people preferred the larger arenas with greater numbers. There was a thread over in the General discussino board that mentiond even larger maps coming when 1.09 gets the bugs out. I'd prefer multible arenas myself, but am willing to see how the larger arenas work out. Poorly desidng large arenas were what caused me to leave AW Years ago.

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2002, 04:24:56 PM »
I am a fan of the large arena too, but it really takes a good map for it to work, and people always complain about not getting to the fight fast enough (try staying alive longer).   I like weazels new phillipine map, but I am sure it will drive others up the wall.