Author Topic: What you reap is what you sow  (Read 802 times)

Offline Keez

• Copper Member
What you reap is what you sow
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2001, 01:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by Nefarious:

Well it was closer to Pittsburgh than Camp David. Camp David is and will always be a NO-FLY zone. If it made it camp david it probably would have been shot down. Camp David is a viable target, but I believe a target in DC is worth a lot more than Camp David.

But look at the symbolic value of Camp David. It would definatly be a very symbolic target for Palestins.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2001, 02:23:00 PM »
They are also saying this morning that the Pentegon bird was orginally targeting the White House. Air Force One was also one of the targets.

Good news is they already are HOT on the trail. People have been detained in Boston for questioning. There is a clear trail from the Canadian border to boston.

Better find a rock bugs, the hammer is poised to squish you!

Offline buhdman

• Copper Member
      • http://home.earthlink.net/~wjbarrow
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2001, 02:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler:
its ragheads...

Whatever happens, we need to make damn sure we go after the people that are responsible for planning and executing this operation.  If we just go out and "kill ragheads", as Eagler wants to do, then we are no better than those who perpetrated this heinous act.  If we seek vengence in the world, then we should do it with the same respect for life, liberty, justice, and human rights that we claim to hold so dear in this country; otherwise, we are just hypocrites -- of the worst kind.

Buhdman, out

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2001, 02:45:00 PM »
Shame on you Eagler.

Racist epithets are not appropriate.

It was a small group of people that did this, not an entire race.

Jase,

Flatten Afganistan and kill all those people, most of whom don't like their "Government"?  That would hardly solve the problem.

I think that we should find out who did this (I'm pretty sure who it was) and get them and all of their backers.  However, we shouldn't stop there.  Once we've gotten those who did this we should continue and get every other group that does this sort of thing.  Make no distinction between those who committed this act and those who wish they had or would like to commit such acts on any other people.

End it once and for all.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Jase

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2001, 03:09:00 PM »
Karnak I should of been more specific.  I meant that we should flatten the goverment of the countries that support terrorism and specifically the punk that organized this attack.

Offline vatiAH

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2001, 08:13:00 PM »
I think you can pretty much rule out domestic terrorist simple because Western terrorist hope to survive thier mission in order to do more missions later.   As you can see , these guys had no plans of walking away from this
Ductus Exemplo:  Lead by Example

Offline majic

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2001, 11:27:00 PM »
The idea of the quote from President Bush (We will make no distinction between the terrorists and those that harbor them[paraphrase]), indicates, and rightly so, that we should take action against any government that just turned their heads and let these people prepare and train to kill American citizens.  If we can do this effectively, many other governments around the world will will be less inclined to let these things happen within their borders.  the Taliban government in Afghanistan is already trying to put distance between themselves and Bin Laden because they se what's coming.  The trouble is, can we do this effectively?

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2001, 12:29:00 AM »
I foresee a drastic $$ savings in not using "smart" weapons when the iron begins to fall on those responsible.

IF (IF) a foreign nation is harboring those who did this, they'd better begin to dig trenches, if they dont get a first row seat to "Tritium 101" , they'll need those holes when the NATO forces trample over them.

Offline LtHans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2001, 02:10:00 AM »
You can feel the fear comming out of the Middle East already.  Yassir Arifat is giving blood, and today there are Palestinean kids holding signs that say they like America and such, the Taliban is condeming the attack, and so are alot of others that are not exactly on good terms with the USA.

Of course there is always the thought in the back of your mind that these sort of things are just for show.  I want to point out that I am not trying to sterotype all Palestineans, Afgans or Iraqis as anti-US.  Indeed it seemed to me the Kurds would have been glad to see us in Bagdad (and I felt REALLY sorry for them when I saw them running from Sadam).  I just feel that we need to do something, but NOT alienate those locals that would help us.

This may turn into another Vietnam....but I should point out that the Viet Cong and the NVA never attacked the US mainland and killed how many thousand in a single attack.  In Vietnam we didn't have a clear purpose.  We do here, just not a clear enemy.

Hans.

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: LtHans ]

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2001, 02:41:00 AM »
We DO have a clear enemy. It's just we can't locate him. Different concepts. Terrorism is our enemy. And, as your President has so correctly stated, terrorists are the ones who harbor them. I would put in the same bag the ones that vocally support terrorists or harboring countries.

As ygsmilo states, key point on this issue is money. They need it as bad as we do, maybe even more. Interdiction on assets belonging to suspicious people (individuals, corporations countries) I think it's in due order. And, as long as this will not cost immediate lives, I would start with this, on a "first shoot, then ask" basis.

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: Pepe ]

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2001, 05:44:00 AM »
Originally posted by Jase:
Karnak I should of been more specific.  I meant that we should flatten the goverment of the countries that support terrorism and specifically the punk that organized this attack.

If you use such a statement as policy, there is a good case to flatten the US as a major fund raiser for the IRA, a major terrorist group.
Never let fact get in the way of righteous revenge...

Tronsky
 486 Sqn (NZ), "Hiwa hau Maka"
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2001, 06:00:00 AM »
Originally posted by -tronski-:

If you use such a statement as policy, there is a good case to flatten the US as a major fund raiser for the IRA, a major terrorist group.
Never let fact get in the way of righteous revenge...

Tronsky
 486 Sqn (NZ), "Hiwa hau Maka"

Tronsky,

I seriously doubt anybody in western countries would fund any terrorist whatever the cause is, after what happened.

If they do, drastic measures should be taken against them. As criminal is the one who pulls the trigger as the one who gives him money to buy the gun.

Offline Effdub

• Zinc Member
      • http://home.netsurf.de/robert.sander/
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2001, 07:59:00 AM »
The US gave Bin Laden the money to buy the gun to fight russia back then in afghanistan. Bin Laden is not the first and maybe not the last to be supported by the US to do the dirty work, before they turn against the hand that feeds them.

US flight schools took money (from the same terrorists that piloted the planes) for the flight training they supplied them.

Terrorists are living here in Germany at this moment...

We will all carry on with our "politics" - not as human beings, but as Americans, Germans, Palestinians, Afghanis.

If I were God i'd nuke the World and start over from scratch.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2001, 04:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by Effdub:
The US gave Bin Laden the money to buy the gun to fight russia back then in afghanistan. Bin Laden is not the first and maybe not the last to be supported by the US to do the dirty work, before they turn against the hand that feeds them.

Exactly Effdub.

Ive heard that some maybe a few were American Citizens.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2001, 05:40:00 PM »
Terrorism isn't a national issue it's an ideological one. As long as any extremist group feels it can vent it's spleen in comparative safety against it's chosen foe we are all in danger. On the largest scale attacking those who give aid and comfort to any/all terrorists will certainly have an impact over time. I think an excellent way to create an immediate change in the course of events would be to compile a master list of known terrorists using the combined resources of all major intelligence services.

I think an offer of $1,000,000 a head for any non breathing list member would provide enough incentive....drop em off at any embassy....probably cost less than all the hardware we're about to dump on someone soon.

Unfortunately I do think this will be a long and difficult process, we've been at war for years now...we just have to accept it for what it is. In the end, a bunch of hard line extremists just signed up for extinction 101...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson