Author Topic: 262 Stats  (Read 214 times)

Offline Biggles

• Copper Member
      • Muzak
262 Stats
« on: February 25, 2002, 11:50:46 AM »
Mine are pretty good, but I'm sure there are many with better 262 stats, this tour. I know that a lot of pilots hate that plane and consider it a dweeb plane. I respectfully disagree.
:p

Offline VWE001

• Copper Member
262 bliss...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2002, 12:20:12 PM »
Well I just couldn’t focus on work so I went for my first 262 ride. HOLY COW!!! I need to conserve my ammo in that thing, I have never seen anything take out a Niki so quick! I got a B-17, Niki, and 109 all over A2 under the cover of darkness. My reward was a paltry 0.93 perkies but boy was it fun. I look forward to having this thing up in a target rich environment.  

:o)

I’m not sure about everyone else but I like to go look up the stats of those I shoot down. The Niki dweeb I got was Nojima, this guy flies just Zeke and Niki and only flies as a fighter. I hate Niki’s and it is so wonderful to be able to shoot down one being flown by a Japanese pilot, whom flies it almost exclusively…

Offline Biggles

• Copper Member
      • Muzak
RTB
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2002, 01:26:42 PM »
Another cool thing I like about the 262 is that, when it's time to RTB, it doesn't take you very long to get there!

A less glamorous but certainly useful 262 job is to search for, and report the position of, CV's. I've done this a couple of times. The last time, I found the CV fleet we were looking for (in relatively little time) and reported its position to slimpkn, who had taken off earlier in a B-26. He was able to take out the CV based on the info I provided; knew right where to go. I use full fuel for those kind of 262 reconnaissance flights.

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
262 Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2002, 01:37:01 PM »
I flew the 262 once.

Pretty boring if you ask me.

Do you participate for the challenge or just to say "i won"?

Offline VWE001

• Copper Member
262 Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2002, 02:11:09 PM »
Any plane is boring if you fly around at 20k and pick your nose... next time try shooting at something.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
262 Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2002, 02:12:01 PM »
262 is fun against another 262

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Re: RTB
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2002, 02:24:07 PM »
Originally posted by Biggles
He was able to take out the CV based on the info I provided; knew right where to go. I use full fuel for those kind of 262 reconnaissance flights.

Just have him highlite you, when you fly over the CV, tell him "Over CV now"...that way you give a precise location by your highlited dot on his FE, thanks to AWACS link radar.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
262 Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2002, 02:27:40 PM »
The 262 is only deadly against those that dont see it coming. Anything can evade a 262, even a gdamn lancaster. And when every plane in the arena goes for a HO with you, you'd better learn how to "sneak" your kills.

Anyone flying the 262 above 12k AGL is either looking for buffs or has no clue how badly he'll die. The 262 is a great anti-buff (IF and only IF you either approach the buff from below if its a lanc, ju88 or b26, or if you catch the b17 gunners asleep) and anti-goon plane, it does mediocrely against other fighters.

I fly it for the joy of giving Runstangs a taste of their own medicine. I just LOVE to read:

: Stop running you jet dweeb!
: Mwahahaha EAT MY DUST ponyboy!!!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
262 Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2002, 02:39:33 PM »
ROTFLOL Tac! :):)

Offline Sachs

• Nickel Member
      • http://where?
262 Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2002, 03:24:17 PM »
Dunno I am 55-1 in hte 262 I love it.  Wasting perks in that stupid 152 for some reason though.  I say 2 weeks we need patch soon.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
262 Stats
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2002, 03:53:50 PM »
hehe, we took up some 262s for a squad fun night.  about 2 mintues into the sortie...  Host Connection Lost for no less than 3 of us!  :eek:   I grab another one, and try to find daddog who's in an Arado a bit too low and has a Pony chasing him down.   Went a little too fast and missed the shot.  lol.  oh well, daddog made it home, I make a few passes at a B26 about 15k, but miss because I'm just not used to the speed and 30mm guns.  Notice a Hog coming in well over me, so it's time to go.  Get to a safe base in no time...  then try to slow it down to land.  a year later, I'm safely down.  It's too fast for me.  I shoulda taken a Hurricane the next sortie!  ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
262 Stats
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2002, 03:57:55 PM »
Very good against fighters too, most of them try and avoid but feel the 30mm!
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Biggles

• Copper Member
      • Muzak
CV kill
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2002, 04:00:18 PM »
On that CV mission--we're in the same squad (original FTs) so he was able to see me that way (orange dot on AWAC). Also, I didn't fly that whole sortie without shooting at anything. I took out a N1k that was focused on shooting down the B-26, then chased away a P-51. (the 51 shot down the 26--after the CV was sunk)

Also, the 262 does alright mixing it up in furballs. Just come in fast. The other planes are so busy turning, zooming or whatever, that you rarely have to avoid a HO, but can usually line up on one of the furballin' planes, who probably thinks you're a 202 when he's scanning for threats, and miscalculates your closure rate. If you miss, just extend away from the furball, then come back to try again. Just don't get suckered into losing so much of your airspeed that you become a sitting duck for any enemy planes that might have some alt on you.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
262 Stats
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2002, 04:28:45 PM »
262 is darn good low level too...Find an enemy CV where they are lifting off from,do a circle at 500mph just below 3k so you don't see flak and watch the easy kills rack up...And nothing can touch you,not even a high P51...:D
**JOKER'S JOKERS**