Author Topic: Why Perdonia?  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Why Perdonia?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2002, 01:17:48 PM »
simple fact...  none of the scenario terrains we have at the moment were designed with the Combat Theater in mind.  The gameplay on the terrains is just not suited to the CT and its numbers, the new fantasy terrain is.  Eventually, some new CT only historical location terrains will be produced, just the fields might not be in the right "historical" place.  ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline delta

• Copper Member
Why Perdonia?
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2002, 05:17:05 PM »
Eskimo,

If memory serves me right, the fake country was "Ferdonia."   The movie was "Duck Soup."

I'll look it up tonight in my Marx Brothers bible and give you lots of info on it.

Delta

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Why Perdonia?
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2002, 05:34:13 PM »
Originally posted by delta
Eskimo,

If memory serves me right, the fake country was "Ferdonia."   The movie was "Duck Soup."

I'll look it up tonight in my Marx Brothers bible and give you lots of info on it.

Delta

I think your right Delta,
great movie BTW!

eskimo

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Why not?
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2002, 07:08:15 PM »
Why Perdonia?

Let me say Im a fan of aviation history.  That and computers make for one hell of an experience in the virtual.

Having said that let me say further that I was online with AH the day it went "open" (back in Sept 99 I think).  Alot has changed since then and some more has not.  The past few months in AH have been less than optimum for me personally with regards to pure enjoyment.  Too crowded and somewhat over indulged with people that arent inspired in the same way I am.  Not a slam and the fact is the more folks enjoying the product the better.

But, this new terrain and the allied vrs axis with enhanced perks really floats my boat.  Im having a blast and see an opportunity here for HTC to cater to two, perhaps three or four different types of afficianados in the way that pleases more people more of the time.  Win-win they might say.  In any event, historical terrains are fine by me as long as NUTTZ makes em :)

Go for it!

WTG NUTTZ, Hblair and HTC

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Re: Why not?
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2002, 09:39:14 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
Why Perdonia?

Let me say Im a fan of aviation history.  That and computers make for one hell of an experience in the virtual.

Having said that let me say further that I was online with AH the day it went "open" (back in Sept 99 I think).  Alot has changed since then and some more has not.  The past few months in AH have been less than optimum for me personally with regards to pure enjoyment.  Too crowded and somewhat over indulged with people that arent inspired in the same way I am.  Not a slam and the fact is the more folks enjoying the product the better.

Snip

Yeager

Ditto Yeager! (Although all these guys make kick-ass terrains, though some don't give thought to spawn points for GV's as NUTTZ does)

Its alittle like 'the old days' in the CT arena these days...less people, more good fights, less vulching, more 's and best yet...excellent connections at my end.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Why Perdonia?
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2002, 09:49:40 AM »
best map I've seen in a while

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Why Perdonia?
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2002, 09:41:09 PM »
Just like to chime in with those that prefer historical maps.  The two maps I like the best so far in the CT is Stalingrad followed by the Channel map.  If I want fantasy I head to the MA.

I understand that the CT team is doing it's best to try and make as many people as possible, happy.  And it's looks like your doing a pretty good job of it, keep it up.

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Why Perdonia?
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2002, 08:22:24 AM »
There is nothing wrong with a Historical CT map... so long as the gameplay balance is there.  The play's the thing for me.  Yep, it's great if it's historical too.. but that's the #2 item on the list after gameplay balance for me.

The channel map is great and Historical and all...  but I don't like the gameplay on it much.  On the flip side, I'm having a BLAST with Perdonia.  On top of that I'm still seeing 50 folks per night in there, which is great.  50 folks seems to work very well in there.

CT group.. keep up the good work!

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Why Perdonia?
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2002, 04:31:01 PM »
Perdonia is equally as realistic as some shrunken down version of Europe or the Phillipines.  Unless we are talking 1:1 scale, no AH terrains are historical.

Offline osage

• Nickel Member
Why Perdonia?
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2002, 05:37:15 AM »
I think Perdonia is a great map.  Well thought out and absulutely spectacular visually.

Here's an infamous incident regarding Freedonia and freshman U.S. congressmen:

Freedonia