Author Topic: CT Features  (Read 583 times)

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
CT Features
« on: February 25, 2002, 12:00:04 PM »
New terrain is very pretty, haven't played it much though.  How come there's no weather in the CT, and when there is it's static?  How's this arena ever gonna compete for participants with the ma if the feature set continues to be limited?

CRASH

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
CT Features
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2002, 12:11:33 PM »
Theres weather in there, I was skirting some clouds yesterday, not the big thunderstorm fronts like some MA weather, but some cumulous stuff.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
CT Features
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2002, 03:27:51 PM »
Weather (i.e. cloud cover) is built into the terrain, though there is a utility for editing it.  Any time it is changed, the entire terrain has to be reloaded in the arena (and by players when they enter the arena the first time after it is changed).  Some of the maps we use have quite a bit of clouds (ala the Stalingrad terrain), while this one is a bit more sparse (though there are some here and there).  It's just the way the terrain was designed.  Thanks for the feedback.

Sabre
CT Team
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
CT Features
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2002, 03:39:36 PM »
I think that since the Axis is typically out-numbered, we need a 100 mph breeze blowing from the axis side towards the Allies.

Hehe  :)

eskimo

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
CT Features
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2002, 10:02:55 PM »
Stalingrad weather was very well done, best terrain I've seen so far....it was however static, I dont just mean the large weather fronts, all of the clouds were static.  In the ma all the clouds move, gives you a sense of really flying.    

CRASH

Originally posted by Sabre
Weather (i.e. cloud cover) is built into the terrain, though there is a utility for editing it.  Any time it is changed, the entire terrain has to be reloaded in the arena (and by players when they enter the arena the first time after it is changed).  Some of the maps we use have quite a bit of clouds (ala the Stalingrad terrain), while this one is a bit more sparse (though there are some here and there).  It's just the way the terrain was designed.  Thanks for the feedback.

Sabre
CT Team

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
CT Features
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2002, 07:24:33 PM »
Crash, this map has no "custom" weather. I can put a custom weather into the terrain, but IF I don't, the default weather takes over ( which i believe some clouds move). All my future maps will  have custom clouds. The Tunisia terrian ( If used) also doesn't have any clouds, I saw no need for them in Tunisia. BUT the map i am working on now has a really nice weather file added. You know i always think ouside the box, the cloud editor is no exception to this rule so expect the unexpected:)

NUTTZ

Originally posted by CRASH
Stalingrad weather was very well done, best terrain I've seen so far....it was however static, I dont just mean the large weather fronts, all of the clouds were static.  In the ma all the clouds move, gives you a sense of really flying.    

CRASH

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
CT Features
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2002, 10:35:30 PM »
The tileing was done so well that it seemed a shame not to have at least the level of weather the ma has.  It was a very pretty map none the less. I'm not sure, but I would bet that Tunisia has those real long thin wispy clouds sprinkled about, I forget the meteorlogical name for them :)  I have no idea how one would make them.  Stalingrad had the most realistic looking weather I'd ever seen in any terrain, the only problem was that it was static.  I've come to expect the unexpected from you Nuttz :)

CRASH

Originally posted by NUTTZ
Crash, this map has no "custom" weather. I can put a custom weather into the terrain, but IF I don't, the default weather takes over ( which i believe some clouds move). All my future maps will  have custom clouds. The Tunisia terrian ( If used) also doesn't have any clouds, I saw no need for them in Tunisia. BUT the map i am working on now has a really nice weather file added. You know i always think ouside the box, the cloud editor is no exception to this rule so expect the unexpected:)

NUTTZ

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
CT Features
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2002, 12:09:11 AM »
Heya Crash,

Sabre can throw in some wind layers if you want. That's done on setup side.

Sgrad the clouds move.. The canope one is a bit slow.

What would look nice in Nuttz's map is 16x16 size 100.. But you run up to your limit of 9,000 clouds mightly quick...

The largest clouds in sgrad I was able to make is 4,000 sq feet.