Author Topic: how bout a lil dispersion on those acks?  (Read 367 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
how bout a lil dispersion on those acks?
« on: July 02, 2000, 02:43:00 PM »
their aint none
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2000, 05:26:00 PM »
Too which you can add

A 1 sec delay on aqquairing new target

B unable to track targets below LOS or behind  buildings. (or smoke?)

C Reload ammo delay. (how long did it take to reload, change barrels, & get back fireing?)

D Fire Bursts not sustained neverending fire.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2000, 09:18:00 PM »
I'd kinda think it would be less accurate vs an AC buzzin the field at 500ft too...

SKurj

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2000, 11:47:00 PM »
Just made a video of me taking out 8 acks at a field in a 47.  The only damage I recieved was to one of my guns (oh no.. only 7 left).

Ack is lethal if you are flying in a straight line.  Any other time it is spray and pray at best.  I've flown at 500mph under 500 feet through ack many a time.

AKDejaVu

Fluf

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2000, 12:36:00 AM »
I was flying over the Knight city at 20k feet. Flak bracketed me. I dove, wove, jinked, etc. as I attempted to work my way out. First I took engine damage, and about 20 seconds later, in spite of evasive maneuvering I was, sadly, killed in my cockpit by a flak burst. WIth flak like that, who needs ground to air guided missiles.

The late Fluf

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2000, 02:33:00 AM »
The 40mm are the killers. Something I noted, unless the 40mm is in quad packs it's ROF is way high for an big ack gun. Double 40mm have a good ROF but it's hard to imagine them firing enough to have a solid tracer stream, taking into account the 4-5 shot feeder clips going into them (although given it's dependent on gun crew)

Also kind of curious on the rounds they use, such as normal cannon rounds or proximity charges like the 88mm. (well model wise, it's pretty obvious they look like cannon shells, ala tracers)

They sure crank 'em around fast for hand operated guns  

- Jig

funked

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2000, 03:10:00 AM »
The acks are definitely better this version.  

Dispersion would rock.

-towd_

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2000, 08:03:00 AM »
 this is somthin i though about, freindly fire lets say you come in at a angle that is not a approch (i.e. not lined up on rw for landing or flyin buy fast there is a slight chance that the idgits on one or several of the emplacements will open up on ya ( as in real life) chances would increase in dark ecetera. anyone like it it wuuld make the ack runners have to have some probs. also make the things get confused when

there are 8 contacts over one base hehe can u imagine the confusion oh the horror.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2000, 03:23:00 PM »

Originally posted by -towd_:
this is somthin i though about, freindly fire lets say you come in at a angle that is not a approch (i.e. not lined up on rw for landing or flyin buy fast there is a slight chance that the idgits on one or several of the emplacements will open up on ya ( as in real life) chances would increase in dark ecetera. anyone like it it wuuld make the ack runners have to have some probs. also make the things get confused when

there are 8 contacts over one base hehe can u imagine the confusion oh the horror.

Just finished reading an autobiog of a Canadian ww2 spit pilot, a Hun did the ack drag to him, the ack were waiting for him(spit pilot), sooo guess in AH we must assume we have radio's with which to let the friendly ack know we are dragging..

SKurj

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2000, 08:00:00 PM »
Well you could always add an approach control; have to type something like .app base name to keep ack from firing on you for sure. But, the downside would be that the ack won't open up on something on your tail either, until it's made a low pass for identification purposes  

By not notifying field it just fires at everything until a plane has come close enough for ID.

- Jig

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2000, 08:30:00 PM »
If you want friendly fire, guve me the opportunity to shoot back then. believe me, if a friendly makes hole in my beautifull plane, i burn up the whole place, friendly or not...

<go get them frenchy!>
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------