Author Topic: Hblair, Sabre, Perk Points and the CT...  (Read 570 times)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Hblair, Sabre, Perk Points and the CT...
« on: February 25, 2002, 12:36:49 PM »
How about instead of resetting everyone's Perk Points to 0 with each new set-up, divide them by 5 or 10.  I typically end each set-up with tons of perks and would gladly trade 40 perks at the end of a set-up for 4 at the beginning of the next.  The only time that I want perks typically is on the first night of the set-up.
I don't know if anyone intentionally "burns" perk points at the end of a set-up, but if they thought that they would get even 10% of them back the next day, instead of 0, they might be even less tempted to use them up.  The effect of preventing everyone from flying 262s and Tempest all the time would still work would still hold if we got 10 or 20% back.

What do you think?
Is it even possible to set it up that way?

eskimo

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2002, 03:19:56 PM »
I frankly don't know if it's possible or not.  It would probably require manual manipulation of the player data base, and I'm not sure it would be worth the return on the investment.  Hblair, Brady, and I had a discussion a short time ago, where I broached a suggestion Buhdman made to reset perk points every other week, instead of once a week.  The consensus was that this was not desireable.  While it would help the low-hours CT player a little, it would still mean too many superplanes (piloted mostly by the high-hour CT players) wreaking havoc on the newbies and low-hour crowd.

Of course, that was talking about a complete reset of perks, rather than the "residual perk point" reset you suggest, Eskimo.  It's worth thinking about, if it can be done without major code work.  Still, I wonder if it would be worth the effort.  I guess my first thought is that those who have a lot of points left over at the end of the week probably earn them pretty quickly.  For those that don't, this wouldn't help them much.  I'd be interested in hearing from others on their view of this idea.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2002, 03:48:13 PM »
Originally posted by Sabre
The consensus was that this was not desireable.  While it would help the low-hours CT player a little, it would still mean too many superplanes (piloted mostly by the high-hour CT players) wreaking havoc on the newbies and low-hour crowd.

I concur.

Eskimo will just have to fly like the rest of us on opening night.

:p

- Oldman

Offline delta

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2002, 05:11:29 PM »
Sabre,

What about my suggestion to have the TODs longer than 1 week.

I've been finding myself spending fewer and fewer hours on AH as a whole lately.  I've also been spending those fewer hours exclusively in the CT.  

A week or two ago, I just happen to log in late in  the week for the first time.  Oh, under the current circumstances, I should take a type X up right now.

"You don't have enough points for that airplane"

and so it goes.....

delta

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2002, 08:39:04 PM »
Decided to go back to the old handle, eh Delta?  I always liked this one better.  Originally, the CT tours were going to be two weeks (now where have I heard that time span before?  Oh yeah...that's when the patch comes out:)).  Anyway, we tried it the first tour, but decided that two weeks was too long.  We were getting some feedback that one week would be better; especially since the CT was just trying to get it's feet under it, so to speak.  Anyway, we'll take the suggestion and think on it.  Thanks for the feedback and ideas.

Sabre
CT Team
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
I do not agree
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2002, 02:33:03 AM »
Perk gain is too high if you ask me. Alright, I do fly quite a bit in there... but nontheless, I flew 6 hours Saturday evening (CET) and ended up with 87pp's that evening. Had I only flown 2 hours (give & take = 28pp's).... I would still be able to take whatever I want to fly for the rest of the week.

I think the gain values should be lowered (after all, it's only 3pp's to fly a D9, P51D), all you need is ONE flight with 2 kills, land it & you have enough to start your week.
What happens now is :

1st Day -> fly 109f4/Zekke/Chimpfire ... and ride what you want the other 6 days.

Of course, if all you want to fly is the Me262 or the Tempest... it's a bit harder, but it sure is feasible.

Note: I am not especially a good geek-pilot, as most of you know already...if I can make 28pp's in two hours... anyone sure can make it.

I say : Lower perk gain value or increase perk price of the rides
« Last Edit: February 26, 2002, 02:37:34 AM by Saintaw »
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2002, 06:51:51 AM »
Yeah,I was miffed when I saw all my perkies gone...But that's ok with the low perk costs...Oh well,it won't be long...:D
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2002, 10:11:28 AM »
I agree with Saw here.  Leave it like it since since the premium rides are so cheap.  Fly a few flights in a 30 ENY plane and get enough kills to buy your ride.

-Ding