Author Topic: Rudder Pedals useful???  (Read 341 times)

Offline JV44

• Copper Member
Rudder Pedals useful???
« on: February 25, 2002, 10:17:16 AM »
Beside they be more realistic....

... do they improve your flight-style much?

I use Sidewinder Stick and use Rudder only at take of, for bleed speed and as help to force the more heavier fighters (P-38) and bombers into rolls or turns...

If you say me now that Pedals greatly affect your flight style and you do better with it, I will buy....

But otherwise maybe better spend the 150 bucks to other computer goodies :)

Andreas

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
Rudder Pedals useful???
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2002, 10:36:07 AM »
I use rudder a lot.  The best way to tell how much you use it is to keep fighting when it gets shot off.  You may be surprised at how much you actually use it without thinking.

That being said, I use pedals now.  Took some getting used to, I would always hit the wrong one and use too much/too little.  Once I got used to them though, I hardly even think about using them at all anymore.  Before I started using them, I used a Sidewinder Precision Pro 2 and used the twisty thing for rudder and it worked adequately for me.  As for what is better, I really don't know.  It feels a bit more real and even a bit more natural, but I don't know if they are worth it to you.

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Rudder Pedals useful???
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2002, 11:00:29 AM »
Hallo Andreas,

read the thread "nose jiggle" in here there are very good posts related to your question.

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
Rudder Pedals useful???
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2002, 04:22:00 PM »
I use pedals, and you need to think as if you have  a waterballoon under your feet and you dont want to break it...use the rudder gently, and firmly...Just don't "kick it" or stand n it like the stories tell you to. Good luck