Author Topic: A great idea: pls reply wit thoughts  (Read 196 times)

Offline scooby

• Copper Member
A great idea: pls reply wit thoughts
« on: February 26, 2002, 09:15:39 AM »
Ok i thought of this last night before i went to bed..

Ok..you owuld click on the hangar screen, at the top of te hangar screen there would be a drop down menu with a list of countries eg. US, UK, Russia, Germany, Japan, Italy etc.. this list would contain the fighters made or produced in that country..eg. US list would have the P51's P47's etc...then beside each plane in the list there would be another drop down menu with 3 or 4 different paint schemes made by htc that you can select, so lets say we had a P-39, you would select the US list, then select P-39, then select the Paint Scheme you want, one could be one of the American fighter groups, another could be the russian painted P-39...and in the British list a spitfire could have the markings we have now, and could also select a Canadian marking, a british desert marking, and an Australian marking (they used them right?)..i think you get my point....what d you think guys? good idea??

Scooby

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2002, 09:33:39 AM »
Good idea.....for revision 5.00.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2002, 09:54:26 AM »
Only problem I see with this is that it would quintuple the number of textures that need to be loaded into memory and would put those of us with low end vid cards in a tough spot.

-Ding

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2002, 10:09:41 AM »
Yep good idea! I really like this!

P.S. Take a look at the thread "Second paint scheme option" from 11-09-2001 in this forum.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2002, 10:25:20 AM »
Nice idea.
It would be a while untill HTC had so many paintjobs done though.
And it would not slow down the program on low end connections if the paint schemes are stock that come with the program, - only 1 additional data number with each plane, i.e. 1 for US paintscheme, 2 for Russian etc.
Great idea, - would please everybody I guess:D
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline ThePope

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2002, 11:25:27 AM »
This would rock!!!!  I think benefits would outweigh the downside by leaps and bounds.  

If people that  have older graphic cards have texture and memory
probelms, maybe it's time that they upgrade? Help drive our economy a little.  :)

Hitech, please work on this. This feature would further extend your lead over the other online SIMS.

I love this sim!

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2002, 11:29:48 AM »
I dont think there would be a hit on memory or video cards, they would basically be copies of the planes, just different paint schemes,  instead of 1 P51d, you could have 4, each identical in capabilities only difference is paint scheme.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2002, 12:21:30 PM »
It's a good idea....but honestly I don't care what color the planes I shoot down are, and I can't really see my plane....so it's not a very important feature to me. Just my dos centavos.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2002, 02:43:55 PM »
MajTom,

That isn't how it works.

Every addtional paint scheme is a texture file that takes up memory.  Only so many texture files can be held in the memory of low end video cards.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline scooby

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2002, 07:01:33 PM »
thansk for all your ideas guys, i thot it was a good idea too :D

Offline AKEagle+

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2002, 08:18:40 PM »
Personally I would like to see squad colors, like we had in Red Baron II 3D  :)

A nice AK color scheme would look nice on my YAK9U :)

AKEagle+