Author Topic: 5 Mile Icons Gotta Go  (Read 708 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
5 Mile Icons Gotta Go
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2000, 08:25:00 AM »
Don't like icons?  Turn em off.  ALT I    

Seriously, I like the icons just the way they are for the MA.  I play to out think, out fly, and out shoot the other guy -- not to see who has the best monitor and best vision.

If you want an HA with reduced/eliminated icons, I fully support it (but I will probably never play there.)

One change in icons that I would support, would be to delay icon display when switching views.  If possible, with a delay proportional to distance.

popeye
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

saetta

5 Mile Icons Gotta Go
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2000, 04:16:00 PM »
I definetly agree with Funked!  
Ciao

Offline Effdub

• Zinc Member
      • http://home.netsurf.de/robert.sander/
5 Mile Icons Gotta Go
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2000, 08:19:00 AM »
I'd love to have an arena without icons as it's the only way to experience (limited as it is in front of a monitor) the air combat of WWII in all it's depth.

I only had this chance to fly without icons once while still flying Warbirds, but it was the most immersive, heart stomping, thrilling sim experience to this day :)

With icons plane camoflage/markings are useless - degraded to mere eye candy. You can't make use of the terrain either. The element of surprise is obsolete... I'm sure the majority of Erich Hartman's kills were achieved due to the fact that they didn't know how to program icons then.. ;)

Flying without icons in a simulation may have some downsides but I'm more than willing to put up with them since the chance to get closer to the "real thing" outweighs them by a million to one.

Effdub