Author Topic: Results for First Wild Wednesday on new Terrain ...  (Read 537 times)

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
Results for First Wild Wednesday on new Terrain ...
« on: February 28, 2002, 06:52:30 AM »
On our first WW to take place on the new and incredibly awesome WW terrain, S! to Urchin for subduing all the challengers!  Round 1 was won by Urchin, Round 2 by Rootbeer, Round 3 by Nash and Round 4 by SirLoin.  In the death match between the four winners, it was Urchin who outlasted them all.  

His prize?  A feast on C47s!

WTG Urchin!  And of course, in honor of his squad, *grumbles*, Urchin has selected the 190A8 for next week's plane.

Thanks for coming fellas!  For those of you who did not participate in previous WW events because of the logistics, try it out now!  You can damn near see every dot immediately upon takeoff!  Nowhere to hide this time! :D

Nim

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2002, 07:02:06 AM »
Has anything changed bar the terrain, Nim?

Alt cap, winner choosing plane type after every round, etc?

Any plans for a Euro timed event?

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2002, 08:55:13 AM »
Originally posted by Seeker
Has anything changed bar the terrain, Nim?

Jordi - Well the terrain makes each round QUICKER due to its smaller size. They got 4 rounds in instead of 2 over a 90 minute period.

Alt cap, winner choosing plane type after every round, etc?

Jordi - I know they talked about a wind layer - I was not there so i do not know if it made it into the final build ?

Jordi - Same plane through out the event - no change there.

Any plans for a Euro timed event?

Jordi - I think we need more Euro CM's or US CM's that do not work during the afternoon before that happens - but I am sure we will keep the idea in mind
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2002, 08:59:04 AM »
Thanks Jordi.

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2002, 09:16:01 AM »
Seeker.

Rule changes are in the "beta" phase at the moment.

I wanted to contain everyone in the bowl so I put a blurb in the message of the day that noone is to fly above the canyon walls (25K).

To ensure that I placed a wind layer at that alt that will suck you into space (ask Sirloin:)).  I placed another wind layer a at 28K that goes in the opposite direction and forces you down.  Sirloin went out of control at that point and plummeted.  He regained control several thousand feet below the canyon walls.

The other change I wanted to make was deciding a winner.  

We kept the rule where if a person wins two rounds he/she automatically wins the event.  But we wanted to reward people who won a round also, so in the event that nobody wins two rounds we would fly a final winner take all round including all round winners.

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2002, 09:24:54 AM »
What alt are the takeoff fields at ?

Great idea for the WINDS !
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2002, 09:44:24 AM »
I believe fields are at 10K.  Forgot to look last night:)

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2002, 11:50:38 AM »
The current rules are we fly as many rounds as can be squeezed into 90 minutes.  Last night, that ended up being a total of five rounds.

The way the winner is decided is simple and fun!  If at ANY point one person wins 2 rounds, he is immediately declared the winner of the event.  However, if after X rounds, no one has won two rounds ... the final round will decide the winner.  However, ONLY those pilots that won a previous round that evening will be permitted to fly in that last round.

Last night we let everyone up in C47's to observe the fight, seemed to work out well :)

Nim

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2002, 12:25:16 PM »
As long as we don't go into the kills/death letting them up in C47's won't be a problem.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2002, 02:40:42 PM »
I dont like the new rules though.

By making the "winner" of each round be the last one alive only encourages not engaging a con and keeping alt until there's 3 people left or so.

I liked the old system of X # of rounds and if no one won 2 rounds then the most kills wins. This made the participants actively seek to engage, not just cherry pick what they can and evade engagements.

Why not make it as many rounds as you can fit in the 90 minutes, winner is the person that wins 2 rounds or the one with most kills at the end?

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2002, 10:51:11 AM »
I think I agree with Tac though last week was the most fun yet!..

How about the most kills per round is the winner(Tie going to the one who lasts the longest)

And if someone wins two rounds quickly,he wins and chooses next week's plane but..we keep on doing rounds for fun until time runs out and have a consolation shootout!(including observation goons)...:D
**JOKER'S JOKERS**