Author Topic: What are BBS requirements?  (Read 263 times)

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
      • Military Surplus Collectors Forums
What are BBS requirements?
« on: May 25, 2000, 02:15:00 PM »
Perhaps this is a really naive question that everyone else already has an answer for, but.......

Does one have to me an actual paying ($30.00/month) registered member of HTC to be able to POST on this BBS?

If not, or even a trial member, maybe it's time?  On the other hand, maybe that's not a good idea?

It might simply promote controlled censorship and a more than already exists "Jim Jones" cultism.  It also could restrict creativity or adversarial dialog, which can be productive if handled correctly by healthy egos.

Unfortunately, we seem to be missing that latter element a lot lately, so maybe we wouldn't be stifling that much.  

Both a question and an opinion in one message.

I have a headache .....  

Regards,
Badger

The New Baby Harp Seals

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2000, 02:21:00 PM »
No, you don't have to be a paying member, here are the rules that each one of us 'signs' virtually:

Considering the real-time nature of this bulletin board, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of
   information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not
   responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any
   message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the
   message, not necessarily the views of this BB or any entity associated with this BB. Any user who feels that a posted
   message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable
   messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is
   necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular
   messages immediately.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or
   defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a
   person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is
   owned by you or by this BB.

Although this BB does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these
   messages, we at this BB reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely
   responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this BB, Madrona Park, Inc.
   (the makers of the bulletin board software), and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your
   message(s).

We at this BB also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a
   complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this BB.

Macboy

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2000, 01:30:00 AM »
"We at this BB also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you."

Oh  and  ummm    btw

these can change as the need arises

reminds me of that Andy Griffith show where they were setting up a speed trap in the next town. Changing the speed limit sign after the "speeding" motorist went through.

damn kids

Macboy to you

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2000, 05:09:00 AM »
--mg-- your back after such a short absence? Would have expect much more slander in your post, What happened? You reached your 13th Birthday?

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2000, 05:13:00 AM »
I guess now we know where Pyro really went eh Wardog....

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2000, 08:03:00 AM »
Macboy-

Your sole reason for coming here was to stir discontent on this BBS. Potentially that discontent could cost HTC money. You have the nerve to be upset with HTC for revealing your real identity.

You're like the kids that bring drugs to school and get upset if we search your locker- because we are invading your privacy!

Nice to know you are still lurking around... how's that threatened legal action coming along? I can see it now:

Judge: You were on their board?
MG/Macboy: Right.
Judge:You were stirring up trouble under an assumed name?
MG/Macboy: Right again!
Judge: And you're upset because they revealed your other alias? Get the hell out of here, case dismissed!
MG/Macboy: But that's not fair!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2000, 08:18:00 AM »
LOL Kieren!  It's called "PC Envy"..., similiar to  noodle envy.  

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2000, 09:28:00 AM »
I guess I must have missed something when at the bar getting my Harp Seal
bud mighty1 another beer?

I started a thread about BBS requirements and ended up with an interloper
called "Macboy".

What's a "Macboy"?

From the name, should I assume he's someone's "squeak".  

Should I even ask anymore about this, or simply move on as if it didn't
happen?

Regards,
Badger

The New Baby Harp Seals

Macboy

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2000, 12:21:00 PM »
Badger, you yap alot don't ya. With all these big bad financial dealings you have, you must be truly busy. With all your posts (and I assume you are trying to "up" your number of posts so you too can be one of the "I posted more than you nyah nyah" crowd) and all the flying you do (in AH and oh, WB, right, har) how do you ever have time to DO these large financial deals? Aren't you perhaps a bit negligent in your day-to-day dealings? Are there people in your life, partners, wife, kids, partners that are a bit concerned about you?

You should perhaps see someone about your addiction, no, really, if no one else is concerned, then I am. See someone.

Mauhahaha

Warbirds is for grown ups. Aces High is for kids and those that can't afford a premium sim such as Warbirds, and obviously, for warped financial babble know-it-alls that are neglecting RL stuff.

Thats all.

Macboy

mauhahahahahahahha

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2000, 01:08:00 PM »
Edited:

Removed an inappropriate response to an immature poster.....my apologies to the community.

[This message has been edited by Badger (edited 05-26-2000).]

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2000, 01:10:00 PM »
I don't get it?    HT wrote the base code for both WB and AH, yet somehow his 5 year old code is considered a "premium sim" while his less than one year old code is "for kids."  Kind of like saying that Windows 3.1 is a premium OS and Windows 98 is only for those who can't handle 3.1.  

Obviously you like WB.  IMO WBs is a good game, as is AH.  In fact comparing them is like comparing a red apple to a green apple.  (HT wrote them both.)  Just because AH has not yet added support for the Mac does not make it "for kids."  MG, are you aware that HT does ALL the coding for AH?  How long do you suppose it would take him to code AH for both the PC and the Mac?  Now since there are 900% more PC users than Mac OS users, what OS would you code for if making a new program and were the one doing all the coding?

Since WB is such a "premium sim," please go back and play it rather than trolling on the AH BBS.

Oops, my PC just crashed, got to end this post.  

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

funked

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2000, 01:16:00 PM »

I don't get it?  HT wrote the base code for both WB and AH, yet somehow his 5 year old code is considered a "premium sim" while his less than one year old code is "for kids." Kind of like saying that Windows 3.1 is a premium OS and Windows 98 is only for those who can't handle 3.1.

Bloom, well said!  

The only part of WB that is "premium" anymore is the price.