Author Topic: How does this ting Work ?  (Read 317 times)

Offline Harppa

• Nickel Member
How does this ting Work ?
« on: March 01, 2002, 05:55:29 PM »
I was in the TA last night. I admit I was drunk. Sorry for that.
I attacked a guy who seemed to be attacking me ( at my FE )
there was no problem as I could see, though I read no text buffer while  flying, I really concentrated on the opponént drifting in and out from my gunsighths.
When I got him finally, after doing a real hard job to get enough pings to bring him down, he attacked me through the text buffer, that he had told me many times to quit the chase.
I apologized him, and told that I really don't read the text buffer while in fight.  I told him I was sorry and I really wasn't thinking that the fight ends this way .Then I went private and still apologized him what I've done, and told him it REALLY IS NOT MY INTENION to spoil anybody's fun in this GAME.

Well for some reason I was  muted for an hour. This really pisses me off  - I did wrong and I apologized for the person I've treated wrong. Then I got a punishment. I felt that I was a criminal, no matter I apologized at least a dozen time.

Some of you know me well enough to realize I'm not just talking here to keep myself warm . I am a sort of person with Dignity. Whatever I do, was it right or wrong, I'll  keep my responsibility with it.

Maybe I'm overreacting here, but I really felt bad about this.
for the community, I sincerely hope this is just a single happening  of a kind.

Harppa

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2002, 06:18:00 PM »
If you read the notice that pops up every time you enter the TA you'll see the following:

Do not engage other players unless you have permission to practice with them.

The chk 6 command is commonly used to ask for fights in the TA.
You can also simply ask in the text buffer. After you ask you should wait for an affirmative response.

If you were muted for an hour I'm guessing the language filter is on in the TA now and you used prohibited language.

If you'd like to engage without asking or fly without regard to the text buffer you can do so in the MA and CT arenas.

--)-FLS----
Musketeers

Offline GA

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.no
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2002, 06:59:14 AM »
Harppa!

Your instinct gott up on you that you think the other attacked you and you reacted and pinged him and shoot him down.

After that you sow the txt that he was not happy with it;), you appologized .

Thing may gett wrong in wars, but we have the luxery here in this games to applogze;).

I have ben shoot down 100 of times in the TA when im testing out things and wantet not to be shoot down:), and I said to them that they should call it in, and they usely applogize becouse they did not know the rule for the Arena and did not read the pop up;).

and for the record, i have also shoot down pilots in the TA that i thought was in on the furball;), but I apoligized and it usely went good;).