Author Topic: As An AWer forever...  (Read 308 times)

Offline Aub

• Nickel Member
As An AWer forever...
« on: October 30, 2001, 04:05:00 PM »
I would like to ask all of you: What's a joke? Now, Arlo and Rotor, THEY'RE funny. But, all of you guys attempt at a joke fell short, except hblair's humorous leader of the Bishsops, hehe, that was classic.

Now, you may not be as humorous as them, but, can someone tell me what this post was?

ALL BWers, SHADDUP!

Aub

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
As An AWer forever...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2001, 04:35:00 PM »
Little clue:

AW humour may not be the same as AH humour.  Hang around the O club for a while.  ;)

Offline Aub

• Nickel Member
As An AWer forever...
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2001, 05:02:00 PM »
Hmm, is the O CLub where people go to fight and make jokes at each other?

Aub

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
As An AWer forever...
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2001, 06:14:00 PM »
I can't speak for the AH comunity.  But when it comes to childish, immature humour, the FDB's have elivated it to freakin' poetry.  Everything else just seems kinda sad.  I guess they've ruined me for all other practioners of it.     :D

[ 10-30-2001: Message edited by: Thrawn ]

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
As An AWer forever...
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2001, 06:56:00 PM »
Aub et all AWer's,

Humor is very definately a personal thing. I never have liked personal attacks, jabs, or general "trash talk". It's not in me to find it funny or humerous. But that is me. I guess being 55 years old (actually next month) has made me a little sedate and I do enjoy some dry humer, kind of like the kind Bob Hope used spew out in his stand up comedy.

I suppose that I have always given a lot of importance to the "individual" and their thoughts and feelings so taking pot shots at that aspect of them never set well with me.

I am able to laugh at myself, but have a hard time doing it under ridicule. I personaly beleive in "politeness". Some people call it "Political Correctness".

I have found most people do take offence to jabs, even if they tend to hide it. When I do take a jab at someone it is normally someone I know pretty well and is followed up by something to appease any ill feelings that jab may have nurtured.

I do try to behave on this Message Board and online as if I were actually sitting in the same room, face to face, with the people I am conversing with. I never have, to my knowledge, acted under my annonimity provided by the internet and I try to protray myslef the same online as I would face to face.

Friendly digs and jabs come with with time spent with individuals and their knowledge of who you really are and what you represent.

Given time, a lot of the people on this board will think Arlo and Rotor are funny. I doubt I ever will but that's my problem, not theirs.

This may not have answered your question, but it may have given you some insight into how I look at posts on this board. I tend not to read posts made by those I find obnoxious, close minded, or generally trash talkers. I read posts by people who are interesting  and who historicaly post about things I am interested in too.

MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
As An AWer forever...
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2001, 07:18:00 PM »
I know you were addressing AUB, Mark - but your post kinda hit home and I certainly respect and admire you for both your stance and how you stated it.

-Jay (aka Arlo)

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
As An AWer forever...
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2001, 07:44:00 PM »
Good post Mark. Over the past two years you are someone I've come to respect and admire for the consistant way you stand by who you are and how you treat other people. I myself could do well to take a lesson from your example.

Imagine if we all did?  :)

Thanks for sticking with this community from beta on through. It's all the better for it.

<S>

Westy

Offline vatiAH

• Copper Member
As An AWer forever...
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2001, 06:49:00 AM »
<S> Salute MarkAT and Westy,

Mark,

You summed up my feeling exactly.

Both of you are class acts that i'm glade I can call friends.  

Vati
Ductus Exemplo:  Lead by Example

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
As An AWer forever...
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2001, 08:20:00 AM »
S! Mark, as always your levelheaded approach sums it all up.
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
As An AWer forever...
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2001, 10:43:00 AM »
You are truly a class act Mark, <S>!  :)

Offline Aub

• Nickel Member
As An AWer forever...
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2001, 04:05:00 PM »
I don't know ya, but you seem like a good class act guy  :)

Aub