Author Topic: Scenario Practise?  (Read 520 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Scenario Practise?
« on: March 06, 2002, 02:04:34 AM »
Hey guys, just had an idea.

I was wondering if it was possible to set up the CT in the same way as its gonna be set up for the scenario... just for a few hours or more. I don't know if that would mess things up to do that though... but...

I was thinking it may be cool to get a scenario practise going in there this Sunday (a week before it starts). Just make an announcement on the forums and let the Axis and Allies go at it for a while, and allow the different squads to practise their missions or just get familiar with the terrain. We can get a ton of people in there at once - someone just needs to pick a time and say when it's gonna be. I suggest Sunday at 3 EST... and keep it open for however long you want to.

There are 380 guys registered for the scenario... and it may be pretty good exposure for the CT, if ya know what I mean.  It would also add alot to the scenario experience.

You have a terrain in there that matches the terrain we're using in the scenario... and I dunno how often that's gonna happen, but it seems crazy not to try and take advantage of that. Hell, it may be a good idea to coordinate with you guys and make the scenarios and CT terrain match on a regular basis.

Good idea? Bad?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2002, 02:09:08 AM by Nash »

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Scenario Practise?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2002, 08:00:06 AM »
Sundays are tough for me (home from church about 1/2 hour before your time stated, then usually lunch) but I'll try to make it.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Scenario Practise?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2002, 08:53:40 AM »
Well, the CT set up normally runs from Saturday to Saturday (one week).  I'll have to run it past the rest of the CT team to see if they would mind extending the run.  Any chance to simply use the SEA for a couple hours Sunday, as a back up plan?

Sabre
CT Team
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Scenario Practise?
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2002, 10:33:41 AM »
I suppose we could.... but you really don't think it would better for the CT to hold it there? This is not just about having a place to practise... If I was trying to populate the CT, I'd be all over this. Who knows how many people would dig it and decide to do more of their flying there...

We don't have anything going on in the SEA on Sunday so we could host it there. Lemme know.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Scenario Practise?
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2002, 05:47:30 AM »
wtf... :)

I'm tellin' ya I could get well over 100 people to amass in the CT this Sunday, and the CT could very likely retain many of those people (who have yet to experience it)... and... I aint gettin' nothing!

You don't want it? Not sure why... but fine.... :)

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Scenario Practise?
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2002, 08:31:12 AM »
Nash: The CT team appreciates the suggestion, but we've decided to stick with our plan to rotate the terrain/set-up this Saturday as scheduled.  Nothing personal :), and I wasn't ignoring your post.  We just had to have a chance to talk it over amongst ourselves.  Your suggestion is not without merit, but on balance we thought that keeping the set-ups rotating weekly was the best way to keep people flying in the CT.

We were content to rearrange the rotation schedule to run Sicily this week.  The reasons we did so were threefold: 1) to get a never-before-seen terrain in the CT (mission accomplished); 2) to give the terrain a good shakedown for the scenario (mission accomplished); and 3) to promote higher CT interest by bringing in the scenario pilots for practice (mission accomplished).  We will continue to cooperate with the CM Corp where it is to our mutual interest to do so.  Some scenario terrains will work okay in the CT, and some will not.  This one has worked out fairly well, but we just feel the benefits of a fresh set up next Saturday outweigh those of continuing the current set up for a second week.  Most seem to realy look forward to the next set up.  Hope that explains it.  We look forward to a continued good relationship with the CM Corp. !

Sabre
CT Team
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."