Author Topic: Warbirds.  (Read 1390 times)

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Warbirds.
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2001, 11:42:00 PM »
Ahhh    Flying Circus!! my first online flygame +) LOVED IT!!  Where I first met the AK's (as a SKYLORD) what a hoot!!
Also flew abit of RB2, once again against the AK's for the most part.  I'd love to see someone convert that game to D3D.
Well when in FC, I heard that the SKYLORDS also flew AW.  Sooo I wandered on in and checked out the ww1 arena.... ick.. but heeey whats this??  the WW2 ARENAS!!  
back in the early 90's I read about Air Warrior and tried to get it going on the 386, well after several hours of long distance charges I was unable to get it to work.  All of a sudden I found myself in that place I had tried to gain access too!

Needless to say I didn't return to the WW1 arena, I was stuck in RR ETO1 for the next 18 months, initially as an 86th and finally as a member of 4wing.

AW is the grandaddy of em all, it will be a sad day when the servers are turned off and AW fades into history.  The community is the only thing that kept AW alive these past 5-6 years, lets hope the future is bright for this gaming genre we all so love.  

SKurj

Offline JaCkNiFe

• Zinc Member
Warbirds.
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2001, 11:58:00 PM »
not if those Awers keep talking about AW and not AH. (dont take offence it makes me sad...)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Warbirds.
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2001, 12:01:00 AM »
Stop it, STOP IT NOW!  This isn't getting us anywhere.  Now, let's all join hands and sing "We Are The World"!!!
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Warbirds.
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2001, 12:03:00 AM »
Ahhh ... Inigo Montoya is indeed my favorite character from that movie ... but alas, the die is cast and I am stuck in the role of Vizzini.

"When I found you, you were so slobbering drunk, you couldn't buy brandy! And you! (Turns to Fezzik) Friendless, brainless, helpless, hopeless! Do you want me to send you back to where you were, unemployed, in Greenland?!!!"   :) (click)

Originally posted by Blue Mako:

[spanish accent]"Why do you keep saying that?  You know, I don't think it means what you think it means..."[/spanish accent]

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: Arlo ]

Offline JaCkNiFe

• Zinc Member
Warbirds.
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2001, 12:04:00 AM »
**sings** I've got the whole world in my hands.... I've got the wholeeeee world in my hands!@!!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Warbirds.
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2001, 12:08:00 AM »
Methinks you flatter yourself just a bit,there? ;0) (j/k)

Originally posted by JaCkNiFe:
**sings** I've got the whole world in my hand.... I've got the wholeeeee world in my hand!@!!

Offline Commander rialbh

• Zinc Member
Warbirds.
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2001, 12:18:00 AM »
I concur with hblair and other ppls. And this old bald man too:

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: Commander rialbh ]

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Warbirds.
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2001, 12:21:00 AM »
I am with hblair on this one.

warbirds.

you are not a true online-simmer unless you crapped your pants when you saw those $100+ bills in Warbirds 1.11 (to have a bigger bell the next month)

LONG LIVE THE REDS!!!
DEAth TO THE FROGS.

Animal
(one of the pioneer volcano divers)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Warbirds.
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2001, 12:26:00 AM »

"You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! Ha ha ha--"

[Vizzini stops suddenly, and drops dead]

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: Arlo ]

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Warbirds.
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2001, 12:44:00 AM »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Warbirds.
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2001, 12:51:00 AM »

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Warbirds.
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2001, 01:07:00 AM »
Hblairs's right, we're all AH'ers now <smooch>

But.....

Tell us former AW'ers how the WB events worked out, would you please? We're all ears, we like this stuff.

Mind you, if WB events had such a strong following, what happend when you all moved here?

Here's to the future!

Offline Grendel

• Silver Member
      • http://www.compart.fi/icebreakers
Warbirds.
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2001, 05:06:00 AM »
Seeker,

WarBirds events are running fine. "They all" who moved do not represent whole WarBirds community. Lots of people visiting AH returned to WB as well. Today is another WarBirds event, EMC 32 and its 3rd frame. In frame 2 we flew happily 109 Emils, Franzs, Ju88s and Me 110s in the skies of North Africa, so the WB events are still very much tehre and alive, thank you.

Offline Grendel

• Silver Member
      • http://www.compart.fi/icebreakers
Warbirds.
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2001, 05:07:00 AM »
Forgot, http://www3.ient.com/emc/  - that is the premier WarBirds event. Weekly continuing campaign. Then there are the Scenario Lites and S3s.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Warbirds.
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2001, 06:19:00 AM »
Thanks Grendel.

The mystery deepens.