Author Topic: Quote: I'm not warping, I'm just Good  (Read 1461 times)

Thermo

Quote: I'm not warping, I'm just Good
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 1999, 12:35:00 AM »
eagl -

Actually, you don't have infinite frame rate in reality.

I think the subliminal message in the theater thing proved that humans cannot typically percieve anything higher than 40 FPS or so.

So reality could have an FPS of 60 or so and nobody would notice it !

So....is time/space continous ? or a series of discrete 'frames' ?????

JHL

chisel

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 1999, 12:39:00 AM »
That DEEP man

------------------
Jumpin Jesus on a pogo stick! Everybody knows a burrow owl... lives... in a hole... in the ground!

Offline -lynx-

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 1999, 01:05:00 AM »
leonid: "Because my focus has been VVS-type for some time, I've had quite a few squaddies from outside the US. From as far as Moscow, St.Petersburg and Alma-Alta (Kazakistan). Out there you are happy to get trace times of 600ms. It would be unfortunate to penalize such players, because of their geographical location."

Yesterday in WB I came across foxx (flying a 190 of all things - VVS, sort yourselves out  ) - he was warpy, I told him so on 100, he disengaged and went back to F24. Later avin (his CO?) told me on private the foxx went to relog.

We all suffer from poor connects now and then and it's a question of one's respect for others enjoyment of the game (WB or AH is irrelevant) whether to continue warping or seek better connect...

------------------
-lynx-
13 Sqn RAF

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 1999, 06:41:00 AM »
It's pretty much been beaten to death:
Lag: inevitable.  High ping times suck, especially for maneuvers, but there's nothing you can do about it.
Packet Loss: this is what causes warps.  when it gets bad, you shouldn't be playing.  If you're any good, when you get high packet loss, you stop playing in frustration.  It really sucks when the only kills you can get are when someone warps in a slow, straight line, and the only time you get killed is when your warp does the same.
I'm currently stuck on a LAN in the eastern med.  During the day, I ping the US at around  6-700 ms.  At night, and especially on weekends, it's more like 200 ms.
The lag shift really screws up my maneuvering (Wasn't it McGwire who at least used to bat much better during the day?): during daylight hours, I have to react differently, especially when playing Australians.  Then, when the daytime overload reaches crit. levels, I get packet loss.  Nature's way of telling me to get to work.
We all know when our connection goes to pot; it's not about ping times, or where in the world you are (although it would help if the rest of the world got the REALLY HUGE BANDWIDTH amurricans seem to have).

aircat

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 1999, 05:24:00 AM »
I can personaly say not ALL Americans have a huge band width. fair ping time yes. steady yes. heck I ping my server at higher times then what some of these high grade ISP guys get after 12+ hops!

btw way I can awnser the physilogical question. time is both continous and framed... it depends on when I have a pinched nerve causing a spasm or not :Þ