Author Topic: Okay..newbie with Film recorder..HELP.  (Read 251 times)

Offline Gorf

• Copper Member
Okay..newbie with Film recorder..HELP.
« on: July 04, 2000, 04:14:00 PM »
Hello all,
I am now starting to play around with the film recorder and I need some help.  If I am correct you start and stop recording by hitting ALT-R. Correct?
Now my question is how and when are you given the option to save a film and name it?
I checked the readme files and the HTC help site.. not much help.

Any help is appreciated.
THanks
Gorf

Renfield

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2000, 05:00:00 PM »
Gorf, all you need to do is look at the menu choices as you fire up AH - you'll see it. It's a button.

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2000, 05:14:00 PM »
Gorf,
All you need to do once you click the film option is click open on the clipboard. You will see a list of the films you have made and they will be listed consecutively in the order you recorded them, e.g., your first film will be film1, your second will be film2, etc. Then just click on the film you wish to view and hit play.

The slider on the clipboard controls the speed of the film. All the way to left pauses the film and to the right is as fast as the film will fast forward. Also, since this is film, external views are available. F3 for external, F8 to pan, and the `[' & `]' to zoom in and out.

On the clipboard, you will also see a button entitled `trail'. If you click this, you can view the flight paths of the aircraft in the film and get a better idea of the maneuvers they are using while fighting.

Also, Alt-S (Screenshot) works while viewing film as well. All screenshots are located in the C:\program files\htc\ah folder as AHSS1 for the first pic, AHSS2 (Aces High Screen Shot 2) for the second pic etc. Just right click the pic and choose rename.

Within C:\program files\HTC\AH\films you will find all your saved film. Just right click on any of the films you wish to rename and rename them. You will also notice that the time in the film is at sunrise and clouds do not appear in film. I don't know if the time command ( .time HH MM X where X=0 means time stands still and X=1 means time moves at normal rate) works in the film viewer. Hope that helps you out.

BTW, there seems to be a bug in the film, where, if you see `smoke' in the film and try to quit the film to play another the computer locks up. So if you see smoke in a film you are viewing, just let the film play out until the end of the film pops you back into the tower and you should be OK.

[This message has been edited by Sundog (edited 07-04-2000).]

Offline Gorf

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2000, 07:44:00 AM »
Sundog and Renfield!!

Thanks guys!

Gorf

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2000, 08:32:00 PM »
BTW, I figured out how to adjust the time settings in the film. Decide which time setting you wish to use to view the film. Start the film. Open the radio and type

.time 5 30 0

and hit enter. That will make it dark always when it changes.

eg
.time HH MM X

Then fast forward the film until it ends and pops you back to the control tower. The time will change then. Now view the film and it will be at the time you wish in terms of daylight, etc. Now you just have to remember what time in the game the fight took place (I didn't look to see if film recorded the time as well    )

Have fun!