Author Topic: Unperk the Ta-152  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2001, 02:37:00 PM »
This has gone way off topic, but here is a scary part of the RPS:

According to my info the La-7 is available from June, 1943 on.

My sorce could be in error.  If so, I would appriciate the correct information.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline minus

• Nickel Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2001, 02:56:00 PM »
about date on la7 can be corect ar around but defimitely La7 is not a stable fighter like in AH !

nad the yak  roll is out of realizm

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2001, 11:50:00 PM »
Just a bump, thats all.  La7 that was slightly faster but about 3-4,000 feet lower handed me my bellybutton in the Ta-152.  I was going 475 at the merge (he was d4.5 away when I decided to engage, he was behind me and headed towards me).  I pulled up about 1k infront to rope him into an easy kill.. I got the surprise of my life and he climbed past me and roped ME lol.  He didnt get the kill there, he had to chase me a little first.  

So, I see the La7 as the 2nd most formidable plane in the arena (N1K2 is first of course).  On the deck (or lets say under 10k, where all the action happens), the La7 has a faster top speed, accelerates faster, turns better, rolls just as quickly (if not faster), and climbs faster.  The only thing the Ta152 has on the La7 is firepower, which doesn't mean a damn thing if you can't bring it to bear.

The next closest example would be the C-Hog, which is similar in speed to the Ta-152, rolls faster, turns better, probably climbs slightly worse, dives faster, and probably accelerates about the same.  The guns on the C-Hog decimate the guns on the Ta-152 easily, and are more easily brought to bear to boot.

WHY does the Ta-152 cost 40 points to fly?  Granted, I enjoy flying it, and I take it up to 25-30K to look for people to bounce, but I can do that in a 109G10 or a 190D9 just as effectively, and probably MORE effectively.

You want to perk it because of it's performance, you are out of your mind.  I'll accept perking it because it had low numbers IRL, but if I remember correctly so did the N1K2, and the C-Hog.  I don't even have to mention that the C-hog probably sees 100 times the use that the Ta-152 does, even perked as it is.  The N1K2 sees probably 1,000 times the use of the Ta152.  Were there 1,000 times more N1K2's built than Ta152's in real life?  Heck, maybe there were, I don't know.  

I think the Ta-152 should be unperked, or at least reduced to 8 points like the C-Hog.

EDIT- I'm sorry, after checking the "scores" pages- this tour the C-Hog only had 37.75 times as many kills as the Ta152.  The N1K2 only had 98.66 times as many kills.  I apoligize for the exageration.  On a happier note, I personally accounted for almost 4% of the total Ta152 kills this tour.
[ 07-31-2001: Message edited by: Urchin ]

[ 07-31-2001: Message edited by: Urchin ]

Offline SpitLead

• Copper Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2001, 06:02:00 PM »
I got a kill in a Ta152 once    :D

er... on second thought the ack actually shot it down, I just happened to be nearby at the time and got the kill credit... never mind

[ 08-01-2001: Message edited by: SpitLead ]

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2001, 10:50:00 PM »
Wrecked on deadsticking it after a B17 hit the radiator with a lucky ping.  Unperk the plane.  I'll continue to post here, to keep this at the top of the list.  I'll also continue to fly it, even though something tells me my perk points won't last long flying it.  Gonna fly the Ta152 till I run outta perk points.  And every single time I lose one, I'll post a nice little note here   :cool: .

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2001, 11:33:00 PM »
Oh, and as an addendum- I looked up a page that someone posted a link to that has some neat stuff.  The link is as follows-

Aircraft of the World Webpage

According to this source, only 150 Ta-152's were made.  According to the same source, only 60 + "a handful" of N1K2 Shidens were produced...  Also according to the same source, production of the C-Hog was limited to 200 units- I don't think a perk value of 8 or under would be out of the ordinary for the Ta-152.

Offline Fester'

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2001, 12:14:00 AM »
Originally posted by Staga:
Maps are changing after resets so why not planesets ?
1939-40, reset, 1941-42, reset, 1943-44, reset, All planes etc...

brilliant!

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2001, 02:38:00 AM »
Lost 40 points to a disco.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2001, 02:59:00 AM »
Lost another 40 to another disco.  Only two in 1 hour, not to bad I guess.  :mad:

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2001, 04:13:00 AM »
minus - I haven't got a clue what you are trying to say.

Karnak - the first La-7 was received by an operational unit around May 1944.

Urchin - if you're trying to get either the La-7 perked or the Ta-152 unperked by comparing relative flight characteristics - contemplate these little facts.

Total Production in WW2:

Ta-152 = 150
La-7 = 3977

That is one reason why the La-7 is unperked and the Ta-152 is not.

Perhaps the cost should be reduced - 20 perks seems about right.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2001, 05:01:00 AM »
Guys, a well flow Ta kicks serious ass.

As a bomber intereptor, it's by far the best we have.

At alt it reains a good deal of e and it's the *best* diver in the game up there. That makes it possible to make 3-4 slashing attacks when you could only do 1-2 in 109 or other planes. With the BFG in the nose, 2 passes is usually enough.

Down low, it handles a lot like a P-51 with Big Arsed Wings. Yes, it is slower down low, but in the hands of a competent pilot it can stay on a heavy N1K if you work it some.

Big wings are unfortunately a bit fragile and easy to hit.

But it's a good plane. A very good plane.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2001, 07:35:00 AM »
Good points, Santa,

but it's a hardly used plane, is it?

I see a lot of suggestions get the thumbs down (from us, don't know about HTC) with the logic that states "nice idea, but the manhours would be better spent on new planes".

Which on the surface makes sense, but not if that new plane doesn't get used. If all that effort goes into a plane that just sits on the shelf, then I think the effort would be better spent on photorealistic cokpits (for example).

And as it is, the Ta just isn't seeing any real use.

(oh, and fix the wing tips, the plane was rated at more than +4G's, I'm sure)

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2001, 08:10:00 AM »
Do an experiment... Unperk it. If it causes problems... perk it. Pretty simple to me it seems.

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2001, 01:59:00 PM »
I didn't know that a plane's rarity had anything to do with perk points. Where do people come up with that? Anywhere HTC has ever mentioned this?

BgMAW

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2001, 03:11:00 PM »
Biggun:

I think the perk system is supposed to do the following (and possibly more) things:

1)  Limit availability of planes which would otherwise "overpopulate" the arena (i.e. the F4U-1C).

2)  Allow limited MA presence for rare/exotic and/or extremely powerful aircraft (i.e. the Ta-152 and Tempest).

I can't ever remember Pyro stating exactly what their goals for the perk system were, and undoubtedly those goals will change over time.  For anybody who believes that the perk system is only in place to limit "overpopular" aircraft then the fact that the Ta-152 remains perked (and expensively so) is proof that there is more to the equation.  It's pretty naive to think that HTC has not noticed that the Ta-152 is not the MA uberplane that the Tempest is.  Thus, there must be other reasons besides performance alone that makes it a perk plane.

Perhaps Pyro will speak up and clarify HTC's position someday.

Hooligan