Author Topic: Unperk the Ta-152  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2001, 03:55:00 PM »
You make quite a few assumptions about the intelligence of people, don't you?

Being the master of the obtuse that I am, let me tell you what I am really pointing out; there are inconsistencies in your argument. I couldn't care less if anything is perked or nothing is perked. In fact, I don't care about the perk system at all.

When I say that it is funny that people that want to unperk the Ta152 but perk the Hurri wasn't specfically referring to you. You aren't the only person that suggested eliminating the Ta152 perk price. You have totally misunderstood my point there and have painted me as a person that wanted to keep the perks where they are, something I have never said.

If you search really far back on the BBS you will find record of me stating that the perk system as it is established is flawed because there will always be a perceived "best plane", that pilots would simply start crying about the next one until all are perked.

And if you look really, really far back and check my scores (Kieren) you will see that I have played a bit and know how to check scores. I will also be the first to tell you those scores tell you nothing about how I got the kills. Showing me that you have a bunch of kills in any plane doesn't prove to me you are an expert on all matters concerning the plane. It just shows me that you are good at putting yourself in a situation where you win.

Yeah, the Arado is fun, but dang, I miss getting chased. Maybe I will make the runs at 10K just so I can drag people around the arena. Wait a minute, at 10K the La7's might catch me. Damn. Well, if it cost less, I might do it. Yeah! Hey, it isn't much of a bomber at 10K, can get caught by several planes, can't defend itself, carries a small bombload... why not unperk it?

Give me one good reason not to unperk the Arado using the same logic you applied to the Ta152.

Offline DingHao2

• Copper Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2001, 04:52:00 PM »
U know what?  to tell u the truth, i would MUCH rather see EVERYTHING unperked.  U heard me...EVERYTHING!!  And put in a rolling plane set in it's place.  And the logic of the RPS is as follows: What quarter of what year was this plane introduced and what %  of the planes in service consisted of this planes (the country it served).

Why did i make this topic about the 152 only?  I've picked out planes to unperk first that I think will have the least impact on AH.

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: Ding_Hao ]

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2001, 05:49:00 PM »
Actually Kieran, I'd support lowering the cost of the Arado to  ;), so it isnt a good argument for me to make.  

Swulfe- I guess you can't give me a good answer as to why the Chog is at 8 points and the Ta-152 is at 40, so I'll drop it.  If HTC decides to lower the price of the Ta-152, I might fly it, until then I'm done with it.

Also, Kieran, I did NOT mean to insult your intelligence by telling you how to look up the kill stats for me.  I'm sorry if it came across like I did.  Also, that was not meant to show that I'm an "expert" at ANY planes, just that I fly quite a few of them.

Hooligan- thank you for that information.  I really do wish the search function was in place on the BBS, but since the BBS crashed a while back I wouldn't be able to look up everything like I'd like to.  I'd really love to run a search on all the Ta-152 threads, because a lot of people put good information in when they post, and links to sites that I can look at  :D.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2001, 06:39:00 PM »
"So, with that, either remove the Ta-152 or inflate the perk cost back up to 80 points, just do whatever you can to make people not fly it. While you are at it, perk the 109G10 and the 190D9, and make the 109G2 and 190A5 cheap perks (on the order of 40 points or so)- that way you can keep ANYONE from flying the German planes.

"
man.
where do these people come from.
Urchin. If you dont see why the 152 is perked your not flying it right.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2001, 07:41:00 PM »
I guess you are right Pongo.  I have absolutely no idea how to fly it right.  Apparently, the plane is in Aces High to fly around at 40k and never engage anything.  At least it would be easy to keep your perk points if you flew that way.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2001, 08:29:00 PM »
Planes are made for fight and it sure is sad that Ta-152 is hardly ever seen in Arena (There must be a reason for that and guess we all know what it is).

Right now it looks like modelling it was a waste of time and resources of HTC IMO.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2001, 06:13:00 AM »
Nhaaa, no waste of time, it's a beutifull plane although a bit too expensive (specially when we're getting the 262). the TA152 absolotely rocks down low except for a bit low deck speed, out accelerates everything though and outturns most other E fighters. What gets it killed is the darn perk points, just because it is a perk fighter everybody starts to chase it, even if they only get 1 or 2 points for it.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2001, 08:37:00 AM »
If the TA-152 was a waste I guess one could the same about the Macchi 202?

Westy

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2001, 09:34:00 AM »
Actually, Westy- I'd probably say yes, putting the C. 202 in was a waste of time.  You can fly the C. 205, and gain speed, climb rate, and guns, while losing a little bit of turn.  Since the C. 202 can't turn with a Spitfire, Zeke, or Niki anyway- you may as well go with the C. 205.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2001, 03:40:00 PM »
Yes, but no single plane can ever shoot the 202 down. It would be a draw.  ;)

Offline DingHao2

• Copper Member
Unperk the Ta-152
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2001, 03:54:00 PM »
"Against other E fighters"

Almost true.  The G-10 and the pony might be able to turn harder @ low alt.  Use the right ACM (turn fighting in a turn&burner, E in E fighter, since it's not an E fighter or T&B fighter down low) @ low alt, where it's weakest, and u'll kill em before he can get to 35k, where he's best, and he'll never get the chance to fight good.