Author Topic: 29 sec lanc kill  (Read 776 times)

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
29 sec lanc kill
« on: March 19, 2002, 02:51:48 AM »
i used Divx slow motion coverted to greyscale added eaw sound after converting  them from snd to raw then to wav spliced them together to get the sound..

my isp is acting up so let me know if it dont play.........

Nothing special here just my 1 st time screwing with this type of stuff dunno what im doing really so save the review for that fatass 2 thumbs up guy..........

Lanc kill
« Last Edit: March 19, 2002, 03:03:37 AM by Wotan »

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
29 sec lanc kill
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2002, 06:27:51 AM »
hehe love the sound effect.  nicely done :)

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
29 sec lanc kill
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2002, 06:37:55 AM »
That played very smoothly, nice work.

Would you mind writing a basic "how to" for it? I've tried the Div-X codec (one of 'em, at least), and it left a lot of visual artifacts when changing views.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
29 sec lanc kill
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2002, 03:20:25 PM »
OK

What I did was save the whole film as avi. When ever I try to edit in the AH film viewer the con become invisible and all "out of place".

I used the divx lo motion codec with default configuration. I converted to grey scale and added a wave file using Virtual Dub.

The 29 sec film is 3.54 mb. I have I  2:42 film with a wave file added which is near 14mb. I made it as a training film to demonstrate how to kill all ack at a small field and live.

If anyone wants to see it I can zip it and email it to you.

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
29 sec lanc kill
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2002, 03:34:15 PM »
got a "bad data in avi source file" when I tried to watch it with real, when I used windows the audio played but no video .

Offline JoeDirt

• Nickel Member
29 sec lanc kill
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2002, 03:34:50 PM »
i would like to see it

eagle25fw@hotmail.com

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
29 sec lanc kill
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2002, 04:15:00 PM »
Thanks for the write up.

I'd very much like to see the ack film to, please.

rexkeene@get2net.dk

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
29 sec lanc kill
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2002, 04:24:43 PM »
Samm make sure you have the newest Divx Codec

Go here

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
29 sec lanc kill
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2002, 10:53:26 AM »
Dude how do you get the recording that big and clear w/ such a small file size?  I've got divx but mine still come out pixelated....

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
29 sec lanc kill
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2002, 11:38:03 AM »
Virtual Dub

I used virtual dub.

What i did was since this film was small I converted it to avi with no compression.

Then in virtual dub I used the divx low motion codec and several filters that are available in that program. The greyscale also helps.

The problem I have is when making bigger films I have nowhere to post them due to their size so I convert them either to Real Media (rm) or wmv. This way I can stream them from several different free sites. I have yet been able to get a good clear image like Mave did on his recent film.

I am basically doing it trial and error. I dont recall the filters I used :( on this film it was ther first I tried....I ve been through a bunch since then most of those were deleted.

I am still working on getting that ack film to a decent quality and compression.

I'll post in when I'm done.

That sound in this film can also be used as the warning.wav in ah.

Turn the volune down to 40 or so it sounds like a radio call.

I have it with just Achtung Achtung Achtung or Achtung Achtung Achtung Jaegers. If any one wants them let me know.

They are from eaw.