Author Topic: problem with joystick  (Read 263 times)

Offline TheOxman

• Copper Member
problem with joystick
« on: March 18, 2002, 12:05:48 PM »
I have a new  "Top Gun Platinum w/throttle" joystick
I have calibrated the stick in Win. and AH, but when i fly i get the message "Dont move your controls rapidly" when i am not moving
the stick rapidly. (Ex when i am in a dive or turning) then after the message appeares my controls freezes up and i crash. I have tried to dampen it out but when i do my controls are too slow and sluggish to play. It's a 15 pin connector to my sound blaster LIVE sound card. i tried a USB connector but did not correct it. i have noticed that when in the calibrate mode in AH the little cross that
shows you where the stick postioned, keeps gittering all over the place. Specially when i put the stick alittle to the lower left and right  and upper right and left, but when directly in the middle it is still.

I am out of ideas please suggest any ideas.

:confused: :(

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
problem with joystick
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2002, 12:27:59 PM »
Well based on your description, either the stick is hosed, or your connection throught he gameport on the SB is hosed.

Try a USB connection.  If that doesn't work, or you have the same problem, then there must be something wrong with the stick.  At least it's early enough to return it and get something else.  I have had very good luck with the Microsoft USB sticks.