Author Topic: Off topic  (Read 875 times)

CANNON

Off topic
« on: March 25, 2000, 12:44:00 AM »
 I know you guys hate whiners, but i got to get this off my chest. I ve been fixen up my old shovel head. It has a nice harly bar and shield on the side of the tanks. And tonight I went up to get the lettering done. Well, the right side came out great. but there was a case or 2 of budwizer between the right side and the left. And the painter drank a case or 2 also. Anyway when I got home i got to lookin, and it says HARVY-DONELDSON on my tank now. Does anybody know how i can get urathane paint off without messing up my finnish. Thanks.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Off topic
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2000, 01:13:00 AM »
LOL, CANNON!

I take it the lettering is ON TOP of the finish. How long has the finish been on the tank? Is it urethane base/clear?Is the lettering itself lacquer or urethane paint?

If the finish on the tank is fairly old, and the lettering is new lacquer, you should be able to wash it right off with lacquer thinner, but be careful not to leave it on for long, as it can soften the finish. The same should be true if it is urethane, but you may have to get some urethane reducer to cut it.

Luckyone

Off topic
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2000, 02:16:00 AM »
Your finish is messed up! The top coat is the finish... toejam, 2 cases...it's a hobby for you, right? Gwod, I remember when,,, panheads ruled and flattie worked for the price you paided for them. I can't help you on this man cause ya just bummed me out. sorry...  

[This message has been edited by Luckyone (edited 03-25-2000).]

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Off topic
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2000, 02:21:00 AM »
It wouldn't be a problem if your name was HARVY DONELDSON.    I hope you can get it fixed, not too many shovelheads around anymore.  (I had an uncle that had one, but unfortunately he sold it some time ago.   )

bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS  

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
Off topic
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2000, 03:16:00 AM »
you might try brake fluid, it will takk off all the paint and will have to be claened up real good after words, but it should work,

hope this helps

Offline indian

• Copper Member
Off topic
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2000, 09:28:00 AM »
Rubbing compound

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
  1st Aces High Trainer Corps.
Home of The Allied Fighter Wing A.F.W.
A.F.W. Homepage

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
Off topic
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2000, 12:22:00 PM »
ROTFLMAO!
Too funny!
Okay here's what ya do, sell the bike, buy a really super fast computer system and change ur online handle to HARVY.

------------------
-CyberPilots have bigger Joysticks-
-----------------------------------
MILENKO Homepage
<===THE ASSASSINS===>Webpage
    milnko@warbirds.org    

CANNON

Off topic
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2000, 02:48:00 PM »
 I called bill (the painter) today to see what can be done. Talked to his wife. Apperently after I left, he barfed into his saddlebags to keep the garage floor from gettin messy. Her new leathers where in the bags at the time. So, with his sex life on hold for a few months, he,s gonna have other thing on his mind for awile. I,ll give him a day or two to get it togeather.

A guy who cant hold his mud, is an embarrassment to bikers everywhere.