Author Topic: How do I record to avi?  (Read 1177 times)

Offline faminz

• Copper Member
How do I record to avi?
« on: March 19, 2002, 02:09:03 AM »
I need instructions please. I play my film and I assume I use start select and end select to define a clip, I move around outside the plane as it plays. Then having stopped it with end select I clcik on "save as AVI file" choose a cpmpression and a codec (windows 293 and 291 so far) and it replays the file again!!! Ok i do the swivling around again and assume its saving BUt when i check the avi file in the films directory it has 0 bytes.

I assumed that if the codec was shown then I had it. true?

How is one supposed to actually create a film. can you list a set of simple instructions please hitech?

:confused:

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
How do I record to avi?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2002, 10:03:39 AM »
I'm having the exact same problem . A lil help please .

Offline ICKID

• Copper Member
How do I record to avi?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2002, 10:29:45 AM »
I gave up trying to save a clip.  I did manage to get an AVi file by selecting on the file menu the Save As AVI option which saved the entire film as an AVI, my problem is when I view the AVI, I have a double image on screen and the color is , well, not right.

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
How do I record to avi?
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2002, 06:45:03 PM »
Big friggin size 12 1/2 BOOT.

I actually saved about 30 seconds of one on accident, but I'm not sure I can recreate the same conditions purposefully.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
How do I record to avi?
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2002, 06:46:21 PM »
ICKID wrote this:

"I gave up trying to save a clip. I did manage to get an AVi file by selecting on the file menu the Save As AVI option which saved the entire film as an AVI, my problem is when I view the AVI, I have a double image on screen and the color is , well, not right."

Me too. EXACTLY the same thing.   Bummer....

-Peabody-

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
How do I record to avi?
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2002, 08:43:43 PM »
Originally posted by ICKID
I gave up trying to save a clip.  I did manage to get an AVi file by selecting on the file menu the Save As AVI option which saved the entire film as an AVI, my problem is when I view the AVI, I have a double image on screen and the color is , well, not right.

Switch your desktop to 32-bit color

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
How do I record to avi?
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2002, 07:12:50 AM »
How do I save a film as an avi, I have the same problem as Faminz

Offline LOCO

• Zinc Member
How do I record to avi?
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2002, 01:15:43 PM »
Switch your desktop to 32-bit color

And what if you desktop doesnt have 32 bit?

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
How do I record to avi?
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2002, 01:18:33 PM »
I think you are screwed :( TRy to setr it as high as it goes

Offline ICKID

• Copper Member
How do I record to avi?
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2002, 01:59:41 PM »
go to control panel, monitor, setting,  32 bit color is an optionit's an option.  However even after setting 32 bit colors, there is no difference.  I can create an AVI but the result is a double image, side by side and the color is totally incorrect.   HiTec.  you need to explain the file viewer..  
« Last Edit: March 20, 2002, 02:23:28 PM by ICKID »

Offline LOCO

• Zinc Member
How do I record to avi?
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2002, 02:57:02 PM »
go to control panel, monitor, setting, 32 bit color

I did that and 24bit is as high as it goes,I still get lines all over .avi file and split screen effect so i guess im SCREWED as far as using film editor untill i hve $1000.00 for better computer.

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
How do I record to avi?
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2002, 03:51:34 PM »
Originally posted by ICKID
go to control panel, monitor, setting,  32 bit color is an optionit's an option.  However even after setting 32 bit colors, there is no difference.  I can create an AVI but the result is a double image, side by side and the color is totally incorrect.   HiTec.  you need to explain the file viewer..  

remember to save AVI after you switch to 32-bits. If the film was made at lower than 32 it remains screwed up even after you switch, you have to re-make it

Offline LOCO

• Zinc Member
How do I record to avi?
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2002, 03:51:58 PM »
:(

Offline ICKID

• Copper Member
How do I record to avi?
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2002, 04:48:30 PM »
OK, thanks, that seems to have fixed my problem. with double image or side by side image and color, but I could still use a set of instructions that explain all the functions.

Offline Doberman

• Copper Member
How do I record to avi?
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2002, 05:31:26 PM »
I have a feeling that is gonna be mostly a "figure it out your damn self" type thing.  Which is no big deal, if it just plain worked.  I can figure it out, but the bugs are making it next to worthless. :(

Really, there's not much to figure out.  There aren't that many functions.

What exactly are you having problems with?

D