Author Topic: Cougar HOTAS  (Read 811 times)

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
Cougar HOTAS
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2002, 05:55:32 PM »
I gave my old PFCS/WCSII combo to a friend some years back, I'd already had it 5 years when I upgraded to an F16 FLCS/TQS combo so the set I gave my friend has to be about 10 years old now and it still works, no spiking, no mechanical problems. My F16 FLCS/TQS lasted for over 5 years so for me (and I might add many others) have no problem with TM's reliability or quality.

How many sticks have you had last 10 years constant use? how many joystick manufacturers would send out spare parts like TM did for me when I broke a hat switch? For every bad tale I'd say there were many more good ones about TM products.

Most of the Cougar pre-orders appear to be from happy TM customers and TM have almost sold their first production run in pre-orders and that for me speaks volumes for the confidence in TM's ability to turn out yet another great HOTAS. How many other sticks upon release have seen such a demand with little advertising?

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Cougar HOTAS
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2002, 06:40:56 PM »
I had all TM stuff, within the first 6 months I had a pile of unusable crap! rebought more sticks and shortly the pile of crap got bigger. I bought CH products, which lasted my whole tour of AW. One day I saw Siatek throttle and stick, WOW ( yes Tie-fighter looking) But i liked it...... Until i used it ( I think i gave it away). Well, dusted off the CH stuff ( analog), cleaned the pods and they still working fine after 7 years.

As someone stated, I also couldn't give a rats bellybutton if it's titanium plated, as long as they work, sofar TM doesn't have a good track record with me.

NUTTZ

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Cougar HOTAS
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2002, 06:46:03 PM »
Samm;

One of my first joysticks was a TM F-16 FLCS.  I then went on to purchase the TQS (one of the first made - it has a trackball) and some the elite rudder peddles.

This joystick took me thru countless hours of play.  I used it exclusively for about 10 years.  As I recall, I replaced the pots after about 8 years.

Since then I have tried one brand of joystick after another and IMO nothing performed like the TM.  I am currently using a $40 Logitech Wingman Extreme, because the $150 CH Products USB FighterStick that I bought a year ago spikes badly on the Y-axis.

What kind of joystick do you currently use?  

Which kind would you receommend?

I seem to pick the duds.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
Cougar HOTAS
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2002, 07:36:35 PM »
MS pre pro, saitek x35 throttle, tm elite rudder pedals . A couple of years ago MS changed their sticks and although I haven't tried the new ones they do look cheaply built . I've never understood why people buy FF sticks, when I'm in the virtual air trying to do something that requires precision I wouldn't want my stick giving me sassback .