Author Topic: Joysticks  (Read 258 times)

Offline Zeb

• Zinc Member
Joysticks
« on: March 23, 2002, 06:34:19 AM »
I have tried the "Gameplay feedback issues" forum but not had much success so I will repost here in the hope for an answer.

"I would find it a lot more useful if the joystick mapping etc. could be applied on a vehicle/plane basis rather than a global setting. I know it would be a pain initially havind to setup the sticks for each individual plane or tank etc. However I think it would be more flexible in the long run. I started thinking about this a while back when I was sick of using the joystick Y axis to control vehicle throttle and brake. I have a perfectly good CH Pro Thottle which I would prefer to control a tanks accelerator with. I could use one of the buttons as a brake. What has reinforced this idea is a new controller I have got recently, a Logitech Wingman. This has it's own two joysticks, a view hat, analogue throttle and six buttons. It's crap for flying planes but great for tanks and other vehicles. I got this for WWIIONLINE and found it was superb for vehicles there. I did like the way they have a separate config for each ride there as well. I can use standard joystick for planes and the gamepad for vehicles. Even different axis and button allocations between bombers and fighters. So any chance?"

I hate using the joystick that I use for flying when driving a tank etc.  Especially when I have other superb controllers for that task.  Any chance of a bit of help here please.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Joysticks
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2002, 08:10:31 AM »

I'd like to use the mouse for buff gunning.

Offline Zeb

• Zinc Member
Joysticks
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2002, 01:34:16 PM »
Bumping up and still keeping fingers crossed

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Joysticks
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2002, 12:57:57 PM »
for Zeb - OK, and Seeker...  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline +Demo

• Zinc Member
Joysticks
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2002, 04:38:54 PM »

Ok guys quite gang banging the boards :)
I like the Idea too.

+Demo

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Joysticks
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2002, 11:53:06 AM »
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun