Author Topic: One-winged flying, eh?  (Read 589 times)

eskimo

One-winged flying, eh?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2000, 02:58:00 PM »
I was in a N1K the other night and shot the entire right wing off of a spit.  He managed to pull out of a dive, climb, turn and fly almost as if not damaged.  I got on his six to shoot him up again.  As I closed to about D-150, He started firing, forward, and I took hits.  We were the only two aircraft in the area.  I asked him about it, he didn't answer all of my questions, but he said:

I was in front of him when he fired.
He was from Japan and had a ping rate of 240 to 300.
He also said that he had a red beacon.

He shot my wing off without ever getting on my six, from my point of view.  (I got the kill though)
This was about the wierdest thing that I have seen in a long time.  Can anyone shed any light on what might have happened?  Could net lag be so severe that we both viewed each other at our 12:00?
(my ping rate is about 80)

Thanks;
eskimo

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
One-winged flying, eh?
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2000, 03:25:00 PM »
Hi Eskimo,

I've seen things like that a couple of times...  the main one was sometime ago when I was in a B17.  A Spit stayed on my 6 at about .5k and I shot both his wings off... yet he carried on firing for another ten seconds (yeah, no wings, no guns?!) and then downed me!  He got the kill when I blew up!?!  Worst bit of lag I've seen...

Regards

'Nexx'
NEXX