Author Topic: A word on memorial day  (Read 262 times)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
A word on memorial day
« on: May 27, 2000, 05:02:00 PM »
 One of the very few movie clich'e that are true. Is that killing is easy. Living with it the rest of your life is the hard part. Memorial day is more than a way to express gratetude. Its a way to support vet,s who still have to live with there wars many years later. So if you know a vet. Just a comment on his service, might buy him a good nights sleep.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
A word on memorial day
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2000, 08:03:00 PM »

So if you know a vet. Just a comment on his service, might buy him a good nights sleep.

Well, I know you mo, thanx for what you did in vietnam.   (not joking)

I know a guy who was an army ranger in vietnam. He has stories to tell about some things that he did that makes my hair stand up. Stories of close in fighting and all he had was a shotgun and such (you get the picture)

I know you were an M60 machine gunner mo, and I'm sure there are lots of things you could talk about.

I've never been in the service, but I got tons of respect for guys who have served, especially ones who have served in a war.

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
      • Military Surplus Collectors Forums
A word on memorial day
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2000, 08:48:00 PM »
<Salute> easymo.....

....and all of the rest here who served.

"Duty, Honor, Courage"

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
A word on memorial day
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2000, 09:05:00 PM »
The leaders of this country have treated soldiers and sailors pretty shabby over the years, with things such as the Atomic Weapons Radioactivity testing on US troops, or giving  LSD and other mind-altering chemicals to US troops without thier knowledge, the list goes on and on.

It always pisses me off when a vet gets screwed by the Veteran's Association or other goverment agency, when he can't prove exposure to Agent Orange or Anthrax, but everyone knows he picked up his ailment from it.

So rest assured that the leaders of this country will be out paying nothing more than lip service to our Vets this weekend, and it has to be up to us, the people, to tell them with much heart felt thanks, that we really and truly appreciate the sacrifices they have made for this country.

USN
1981-1989

------------------
<< MILENKO >>
<===THE ASSASSINS===>Webpage

««You can kill me, Can't ya?»»

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
A word on memorial day
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2000, 09:37:00 PM »
Only those that were there...

..Know.

Thank you.

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
A word on memorial day
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2000, 09:57:00 PM »
The other day I was in the puter store and saw a young man in uniform.  I made a point to go over and tell him thanks for his service.(man was he young!!!!)

I made the mistake of waearing a uniform on leave at home!!  1960's, needless to say I never did that again!!!

Thank God the times have changed.  And I hope our new President will restore our military!!!!

<S> to all vets.  Honor those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom.  Remember that the sacrifice of blood that has stained the alter of freedom was given freely.  And if we forget, we will no longer be free!!

Offline MarkVZ

• Copper Member
A word on memorial day
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2000, 08:26:00 AM »
Freedom is not free...

Thanks

------------------
Mark VanZwoll
33rd Strike Group

Offline MarkVZ

• Copper Member
A word on memorial day
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2000, 03:26:00 PM »
Punt

DoZZ

A word on memorial day
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2000, 04:31:00 PM »
Military service is a tradition in my family
as long as i can remember. I grew up reading
books that glorified wars and I believed them
Not till I was in my early 20's and had a family of my own did I start to realize the horror that war really was. During Desert Storm my son was about 5 and we were all talking about the National Guard being called up an sent to Kuwait. He had alot of friends from school who's dads were in the Guard,he said alot of them may not be coming back. At that time I was wishing I could go with them. Talk about a wake up call!!
I had a friend who was in Nam and was awarded the Siver Star,he carried a wounded
buddy out of a VC ambush. When he came home he burnt his uniforms and threw away his medals!
WE CAN NEVER LET THIS HAPPEN TO OUR VETRANS AGAIN !!

<S><S><S> To all those who served in war and in peace !

I will always remember!

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
A word on memorial day
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2000, 09:18:00 AM »
<punt>