Author Topic: Hangar  (Read 157 times)

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Hangar
« on: March 25, 2002, 10:04:31 PM »
I like the 3-D hangar screen, but it is sometimes difficult to select your loadout.  At times the selection boxes are not lined up with the selections, and it is very easy to change something you didn't intend to change.

I suggest a 2-D loadout selection, maybe on the clipboard with buttons or drop down boxes.  This way it is easy to select the loadout, and easy to verify.

Last weekend in Sicily I checked my loadout twice, the last time giving a last minute pilot the loadout for the frame.  I had a drop tank and gun pods selected.  About a half hour into the flight I check my DT to find I had a bomb and rockets loaded.  In MA I could care less as long as I have something that makes noise when I pull the trigger :)  but it kind of messes up your day when you can't change your loadout for the frame.

Thanks,
Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Hangar
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2002, 10:39:17 PM »
I totally agree here. the 3d does look cool but ive messed up my loadouts untold times due to graphic glitches. could we have a text selection as well as the graphic one?

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Hangar
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2002, 05:14:06 AM »
A drop down selection list (similar to the mission editor) would be nice.

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Hangar
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2002, 05:49:48 AM »
Agree 100%, our 3D hangar as well as our 3D map for mission edittion are not practical.

With a pure 2D "hangar" interface we may have much more room to have things like:
- Select different % (not just 25, 50, ...) of fuel for any tank (even the external).
- Select different % of ammo for any gun.
- Much more room for future loadouts, even different kinds of ammo for the guns, etc.
- Perhaps a combo to select between different cammos for each plane.
- A more simple and clear interface to set the convergence. And even the hability to store different convergences for a single plane based on different weapons combinations.
- A way to save different settings for each plane. For example, "190A8 jabo", "190A8 fighter", "190A8 buff killer", "190A8 base defense", etc. And to be able to select the saved settings from a combo. This settins may include stick and keyboard settings different for each plane, etc.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Hangar
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2002, 06:08:14 AM »
Nice ideas.

It would be good to see a specific load out type automaticaly infer a mission profile, I.E. Spit IX, 100% fuel = Fighter, Spit IX, 100 fuel+bombs+rockets = attack.

Offline Gypsy Baron

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~pstrogen
While we're talking hangar/loadouts...
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2002, 10:51:13 AM »
One thing that REALLY annoys me is having to go into the
 hangar and DE-SELECT drop tanks when the field is PORKED
 and I'm trying to get airborne ASAP and the "Drop tanks are
 disabled at this field" message pops up.

When I click "OK" after that box appears it would be nice if the
 drop tanks couls automatically be removed and I can get into
 the air to fend off those pesky field PORKERS...same for the
 "Fuel is limited to xx%" messages...jsut FIX IT for me and let
 me GO without having to "struggle" with the herky-jerky
 loadout selection boxes...
Gypsy Baron  AW CPID 4580
B-17G 447th Bomb Group, 709th Bomb Squadron, Serial#42-31225

Scheherazade - Lt.Phillip P. Zanoya, Pilot

M/Sgt Kenneth N. Johnson, Crew Chief
126 missions without a single mechanical abort[/b

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
Hangar
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2002, 11:33:14 AM »
I agree, the 3d hanger and Map room (mission planing) are cumbersome. Please add a 2d view.

I actually liked AWs mission briefing rooms and planning layout.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Hangar
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2002, 12:32:12 PM »
My biggest complaint is clicking on the clipboard to move it and having it change my fuel to 25%. You take off, get about 5 minutes away and notice you don't have any fuel. Also, when the arena gets real laggy it takes forever for the graphic box to change between loadouts.