Author Topic: Scrolling Text?  (Read 611 times)

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
Scrolling Text?
« on: March 26, 2002, 07:19:41 PM »
Just finished my first avi clip. I used Dubit as an editing medium, and Golden Wav to put together the sound track (background music, guns, explosions, doppler sounds for close midair encounters).

I'm looking for a program to allow me to add some text to an avi as I would like to add titles at the beginning, and credits at the end. Anyone know of anything out there?

I must say for a first effort it came out really well. It's seven minutes, 37 seconds long so it's to large to post here. If I could find a free host for it, I would make it available for all to see. So if someone knows any good sources in that direction, that information would also be appreciated.

Thanx...:)

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Scrolling Text?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2002, 08:33:15 PM »
Get VirtualDub and download the logo filter.

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
Re: Scrolling Text?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2002, 08:46:42 PM »
Go to  http://www.pinnaclesys.com/HomeMovieMaking.asp?langue_id=7 or to Circuit City with $99 and buy Pinnacle Systems Studio to do everything you're talking about with one program.  Additionally you can import mp3, .wav and use Holliwood style transitions and special FX AND you will get a 284 page manual to make sure you're doing it right.
Beeg

Originally posted by Weave
Just finished my first avi clip. I used Dubit as an editing medium, and Golden Wav to put together the sound track (background music, guns, explosions, doppler sounds for close midair encounters).

I'm looking for a program to allow me to add some text to an avi as I would like to add titles at the beginning, and credits at the end. Anyone know of anything out there?

I must say for a first effort it came out really well. It's seven minutes, 37 seconds long so it's to large to post here. If I could find a free host for it, I would make it available for all to see. So if someone knows any good sources in that direction, that information would also be appreciated.

Thanx...:)

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Here's one...
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2002, 12:18:12 AM »
I made for the CM Corps using VirtualDub.

Intro

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
Scrolling Text?
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2002, 04:48:52 PM »
Thanks weasel, we got it and will be trying it soon. Very nice work btw.

Thanks for the input Beeg, but 99 buck to add text is more than I want to spend.:eek:

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
Scrolling Text?
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2002, 09:23:49 PM »
And......I'm glad you didn't spend the money because I just found out that you can't import an .avi from your hard drive.  This never dawned on me because I always capture video directly from a DV or Analog camcorder.

I will tell you this.  I've been hacking around the film editor and it's just too slow to make any kind of .avi of any length.  Think I'll stick with my system of either recording live to a camcorder while playing at 800x600 or playing back films and doing the same.  Once you've filmed into the camcorder that's when Pinnacle Studio shines by capturing the video in a low resolution, allowing you to edit, title, add transitions, sounds and a host of other effects utilizing only about 150 mb of your hard drive for 1 hr. of video.  
Beeg

Originally posted by Weave
Thanks weasel, we got it and will be trying it soon. Very nice work btw.

Thanks for the input Beeg, but 99 buck to add text is more than I want to spend.:eek: