Author Topic: Janes Attack Squadron  (Read 126 times)

Offline Cherlie

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Janes Attack Squadron
« on: March 30, 2002, 07:52:54 PM »
Can anyone tell me what this game is like?

also does anyone know what Medal of Honor like?

Any other suggestions for WW2 games, I know IL-2 is good.

CharlieB:p

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Janes Attack Squadron
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2002, 08:00:28 PM »
Offtopic forum plase ;)

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
Janes Attack Squadron
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2002, 10:46:25 AM »
Froms most accounts on comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim:

Slightly dated graphics circa 2000, similar to EAW.  Not bad graphics, just nothing near IL-2s level of eye candy

Fligh Models are extreemly variable, leading to many to early knee jerk reactions of it being just like Crimson Skies.  Once you up the settings things get much better, but are still no where near what we have here.  Energy bleed is very low, and reports abound of acceleration that would make the average F1 car blush, even by B-17s.  

The damage modeling I still havent gotten a handle on, but it is area specific, although some are reporting that even when parts are damaged or missing, you still seem to have quite a bit of control  (one person mentioned a spitfire with both alierons missing, and half the right wing gone, still out rolling his 109).

I havent seen many people mention crashes or bsod, so it at least appears to be somewhat stable, and many are just happy it allows you to fly several types of bombers.  

The code is written to make manipulation of many parts of the flight model and other game elements easy, so 3rd party add ons may transform this into an entirely new game within months, but at this point Im taking a pass.  Thats the great thing about AH, I get everything most new WW2 flight sims offer, and more, so I dont feel the need to buy them unless they are simply outstanding AKA IL-2 :D

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Janes Attack Squadron
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2002, 09:33:33 PM »
Looks exactly like WW2F too me. I saw a Pic of the B24 modeled in the game and it looked like the same model from WW2F. It appears to be same game to me. Except for a better mission editor and better MP.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!