Author Topic: Greece CB map  (Read 729 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Greece CB map
« on: March 28, 2002, 02:24:07 PM »
Hey all

Just wanted to show you what I’ve got done here on Greece.

[list=11]All bases are set, minimum 3 manable gun positions, ord select field and proper runway selection.
  • Fields/strat placed no more than 1.5 sectors away.
  • All fields have multiple spawn points except for V48. All spawn points set 5 miles from target. Most are level with terrain, a few in the mountainous back country require a little bit of a climb but have been tested and is possible to reach target
  • Many water spawns from ports, (some airfields that have a port attached, also have water spawns)
  • 9 CVTGs all full and operational, no bugs.
  • All strat aprox 10 miles from anything so when new editor is released, it’ll be a snap to add convoys/trains
  • CVTG numbers included but not for fields. (to show you which port owns CV)
  • Mountain snowcaps[/list=1]

On CB map below check out the little green dots off the coast near ports or costal airfields you can barely see them, those are water spawn points. Your supposed to be able to see land spawns --little pink dots-- but those didn’t come out.  

So--- who's ready for some testing? :)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2002, 02:42:05 PM by 10Bears »

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Re: Greece CB map
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2002, 02:41:58 PM »
I AM:) Looks great!

I'd like to check this out.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by 10Bears
Hey all

So--- who's ready for some testing? :)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Greece CB map
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2002, 02:50:15 PM »
Sent you a link Dave :)

I'll find out later today from Sundog if he wouldn't mind me putting the link here. Maybe Lazr or Creamo can find  something that's needed. hehe

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Greece CB map
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2002, 07:09:05 PM »
C'mon 10B,

Let's NOT get it cranked up here too...

I'm game! Looks good! :D

Offline Camel

• Zinc Member
Greece CB map
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2002, 08:01:21 PM »
Very nice!

Im going to Andros April 28!

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Greece CB map
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2002, 08:41:41 AM »
MAN THAT LOOKS COOL! I Already have soom good Ideas for it:)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Greece CB map
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2002, 10:23:21 AM »
Lookin good 10bears. :)
We appreciate your work.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Greece CB map
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2002, 10:30:28 AM »
Greece is the WORD!
...is the word...
...is the word...
...is the word...

eskimo

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Greece CB map
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2002, 12:22:20 PM »
hey thx for the kind words fellas :)..

Thought you'd like some screenies

Being an Operation Flashpoint fan.. I wanted to use a light tan or straw color for grassland.

Both Mr Pluto and Blitz have been to Greece and say it doesn't really have that many trees... Well, I added trees anyway. Maybe thinned them out a bit. But you want to have a little bit of contrast.

Reading this forum the last couple of months I get the impression you guys prefer a short flight so this map is set up to be only a 25 or 35 mile flight to any base.

I suppose I should tell you, this is a 3 sided map.. You can close Turkey down if you want.... But why?... Maybe the Russions are in Turkey.. I know put the Brits in Albaina and Creete, Germans in Greece proper.. the the Itallians in...??... Turkey?..... naw that wouldn't make sense.

No city tile for this one. I used snow for what it's supposed to be used for.. snow... It's a lot better use for this tile as you can cover a larger area and adds contrast to map. There's still a couple of little places I need to touch up. (snow has to be surrounded by grassyrock eh)

No need really to add this last one.. You get the idea

But never mind the art.. I spent most of the time on this map making sure all the little stuff works.. the selection screen, the spawn points.. the task groups... Boy! I finally fully understand how taskgroups work now.. Seems you have to add waypoints to the CVTGs in the map making process.. sort of a primer for them.

Only thing left to do except a little art touchup is the trains/convoys, Greece is playable right now. Shoots, I'd love to play this right after Tunisa... you don't absolutly need trains/convoys do ya?..