Author Topic: we need to get rid of ...  (Read 240 times)

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
we need to get rid of ...
« on: July 06, 2000, 12:04:00 AM »
the main arena
man i hate that thing
i want a scenario every day, all the time
i have flown scenarios where i got wasted without 1 kill but still i had fun, game play is so much more realistic etcera. <S> all the scenario moderators out there. They are 10x mre fun then the ma will ever be.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2000, 12:13:00 AM »
Either this was a tonque in cheek post, or you havent thought it through very well.

The vast majority of this game is played by people who find some time to drop in, but cant always schedule a 2 hr block to fly in some long drawn out scenario.  

Scenarios can be fun, but take a commitment in planning and time.  Personnaly I find them boring.

Ask for more scenarios if you care to, but I dont think you should make a silly statement like "get rid of the MA" just because you prefer scenarios.

If you dont really like the MA, avoid it.  Simple answer.

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2000, 12:15:00 AM »
Agreed.

Maybe our historical squad duels might be just the beginning of something bigger.

Right now I am sick of same old C-Hogs HOing my 190.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2000, 12:28:00 AM »
The MA *IS* a scenario for those who choose to approach it that way.

Yeager

------------------

[This message has been edited by Yeager (edited 07-06-2000).]
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2000, 12:34:00 AM »
Well, yeager i agree you can make some cool stuff in the MA with the mission planner and all, but my main problem is that people just fly differently in the MA. In the MA, there is not enough sense of mission. In the MA, people are to free to disengage: in RL disengaging and leaving your buffs behind while the attackers swarmed could get you courtmarshalled. In RL, respawning didnt happen. In the scenarios I have participated in, these things were all much better. People flew cautiously because they had 1 life, but they also had a purpose: to win they had to prevent something from happening, not just get the kill. In scenarios, mission kills are possible. Its just so much more realistic.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2000, 05:27:00 AM »
Zigrat... you've got way to much time on yer hands bud.

Get a sexlife... (any issues with this I'll fix ya up with Funked).

-vlkn- in

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2000, 05:33:00 AM »
I would keep scenario everyday almost if i could, but would someone let me do so?
no  

So, keep dreaming.

Offline Downtown

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2000, 07:50:00 AM »
I think with time all things will improve.

We need access to the quick and dirty like the MA, and face facts, the MA improves your flying skill cause you face the like so of Torque, Yeager, Hristo, Hangtime, Citibria, Etc.. Etc.. or the like of well ME.

So you can fly against the best who know how to strech every ounce out of the planes they fly, or the me who tries to mimic what I have read about, or just pull out of my derierre while flying.

Seeing a broad spectrum of flying and fighting styles helps to improve your skill for the missions.

I bet once the terrain editor is out, and we have the Approved terrains, there will be more scenarios than you can shake a stick at.

------------------

"Downtown" Lincoln Brown.
    lkbrown1@tir.com    
 http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
Wrecking Crews "Drag and Die Guy"
Hals und beinbruch!