Author Topic: Film to AVI....  (Read 444 times)

Offline SkechCAF

• Zinc Member
Film to AVI....
« on: April 02, 2002, 01:27:39 AM »
Okay.... I got a reply back from Obear1971 and he helped me alot on getting film cut out from the recordings during flight.  So thank you very much for that dude!! :D
NOW!  I am having the problem of getting it to save AVI.  I click the save button and try to do the save portion of it and it tells me it is an invalid or old file? :confused:    So I am lost!  That is nothing new!!   I need to know what I am doing wrong!  Where do I save what to I click on, why is beer called beer??
SO as you all can see, the questions have come!!

ALso if I could bother someone about..... music to it and splicing the videos that I have recorded together?  If you all could... thanks!

Sorry for buggin you all on this, it has been the major conversation in the board the past few weeks!!  Just trying to get it a video done before I leave for the Air Force!! HEHEHEHE!!!

Thanks everyone!!

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Film to AVI....
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2002, 09:15:24 AM »
sketch i had exactly the same thing happen to me.

first thing to do is try this patch if you havent already downloaded it (only small):

http://www.hitechcreations.com/pyro/AHFILM1091.EXE

you can read about it in the news section.

if that does'nt work then my guess is its some form of update problem that causes it.

You might be able to find some way to fix it but i ended up re installing and it all worked fine.I assume something didnt upgrade right when i added all the patch updates.

i had exactly that error message and even my newly made films came up old or invalid file.
Once i reinstalled ( i downloaded the full version just to be sure) all my films worked fine.

before you delete the old game copy these files to a temporary directory, then when you reinstall you can add them  back in:

films (obviously! :D)
settings (this is important as it has all your prefered cockpit veiws, joystick settings,prefs etc i think it has your remembered password info too)
sights (only if you have some of your own downloaded)
sounds (only if you have your own added) btw if you dont i recommend mitsu's sound pack!
terrains (saves you having to redownload maps)
and any pictures you want to keep.

when you uninstall the game the pictures etc wont be deleted but just to be safe i did a clean install on mine.copied out all the stuff i wanted to keep like these files mentioned above and most of my pictures and deleted all the HTC folders.
with these copied out (and put back in after) mine worked fine so nothing in these files is causing the problem.

hope it works ok :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2002, 09:20:31 AM by hazed- »

Offline SkechCAF

• Zinc Member
Film to AVI....
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2002, 05:07:33 PM »
Thanks for the input dude, I might have to do a clean install!!
laters!!