Author Topic: Film For All You N1K2 Haters Out There  (Read 174 times)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Film For All You N1K2 Haters Out There
« on: July 31, 2001, 05:31:00 PM »
Last night in the early AM we were trying to take A26 from the Knits and had a goon otw when a Niki popped up.  After killing the last ack, I drug the determined bastard around the arena while Sancho piloting a goon headed in, lost a drunk to an ack that popped up, and then brought Another goon!  Pretty boring film, as I basically spend the whole time extending and closing the gap to try and keep him interested.  But it ends nicely with me killing the guy by making 3 comical passes with my horrible gunnery.  Looks like he finally ran out of ammo, and shortly thereafter ran out of gas too!  The film is only about half of the time I spent dragging him too...that was one determined bastard, and not one whine about my "Runstang".  <S> to Skull, the determined N1K2 driver      :)

http://www.matthoffman.cc/bb/drag.ahf

Oh, and somehow, his N1K2 didn't magically produce rocket fire out of it's backside and catch up to me, or blast me with it's rapid-fire "stronger than hispano" super cannons from 1.4k either.  Curious...maybe he just hasn't found the secret UFO button yet.

SOB

[ 07-31-2001: Message edited by: SOB ]
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2001, 07:22:00 PM »
That's the thing with UFOs, you hear all about them but they're never caught on film  :D

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2001, 08:29:00 PM »
I hate insulting N1K2 pilots by saying only dweebs fly N1K2s.  I'd rather insult the individual pilots and leave the innocent plane out of it.

SOB.. regardless of what plane you fly, you are a dweeb.  Pure and simple.  No ammount of film will prove otherwise <not even that "secret" stache you keep hidden in your closet>.

Now get back in your corner with your little girlie drinks and don't come out until you thuroughly intoxicated.

AKDejaVu

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2001, 08:34:00 PM »
and leave the innocent plane out of it.
====
Is the plane innocent?  I thot PYRO said there was a probelm with it (and F4u and P47D11)?

Kinda like the problems with GVs

I just wish they would pull the damned things outta play when they realize they screwed up with em and fix em.

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2001, 07:08:00 AM »
Quote from Pyro's "Flight model stuff" thread:

Originally posted by Pyro:
Digression aside- there are some issues with N1K2 flight modeling that require some further work and changes.

I rest my case.

-----------------

1Wmaker1

Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!