Author Topic: GV problem  (Read 301 times)

Offline Romanl

• Zinc Member
GV problem
« on: March 30, 2002, 10:02:22 PM »
I am using a Ch figherstick and Windows 98 operating system. The problem I am having is that when I shift to a non-driver position in a GV to man the gun, the GV, instead of moving in a straight line, suddenly begins to turn in circles.  It continues this until I move back into the driver position.  The only time I can man a gunner position and not make circles is when the vehicle is stopped. This makes it nearly impossible to track targets while the vehicle is moving.  Is this a joystick problem or did something happen in the last patch after install  (Which is when I noticed this. Before the last patch it seemed to run fine.)? Thanks in advance for any ideas or help!  :)

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
GV problem
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2002, 12:18:07 AM »
What about in bomber gun position, does it happen there too.

Pokie

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: GV problem
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2002, 04:22:45 AM »
Originally posted by Romanl
when I shift to a non-driver position in a GV to man the gun, the GV, instead of moving in a straight line, suddenly begins to turn in circles.  
I wish I could do that!  I got used to using the gun while going in circles in AW - makes it harder for anyone to drop an egg on my head!  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
GV problem
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2002, 10:57:56 AM »
center your rudder before going to a gunner position

think its the S key..

When you are in a vehicle, bomber or boat, you can use the rudder to steer while in any gunner positions

SKurj

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
GV problem
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2002, 11:04:57 AM »
Originally posted by SKurj
When you are in a vehicle, bomber or boat, you can use the rudder to steer while in any gunner positions
Ah, yes of course - LOL!  I frequently do that too - not sure what I was thinking of the other day when I posted!  Unless it was the way we could set it going in a circle in AW, and then jump to the gun position!  :D
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Dux

• Platinum Member
GV problem
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2002, 11:42:35 AM »
It may also help to slightly increase the deadband setting for your rudder... it shouldn't take much. My guess is that it's all the way at the bottom now...?
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.