Author Topic: Maybe a PTO set up soon?  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
Maybe a PTO set up soon?
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2002, 08:42:51 PM »
I'll pipe in and say I strongly disagree with Wotan and I personally enjoyed the PTO CT.  I remember some very good fights flying the Tony, Hellcat or Corsair.  In fact, I think the George, Zeke and Tony vs the Hellcat, Lightning and Corsair is an interesting and excellent matchup.  Throw in the P-47 and P-51 if felt necessary, but I'm fine without them.  The only gripe I had is to keep the Spitfire out because we don't need it in every single setup.  And as far as the dogfighting style, I don't remember a greater than normal amount of HO'ing or ack-hiding than your typical Euro or any other setup.  In fact, I personally do not remember any cases of this from the allies when I flew the PTO.  I think Wotan is way off base here in poo-pooing a setup for us PTO fans and I would be happy to suggest the LW sit in the penalty box for a few CT rounds.  I remember joining every early CT setup and getting stuck flying LW aircraft. I gritted my teeth and tried to fly those crap-turning, cannon-armed HO monsters.  Sadly though, circumstances have me in a position that I can't fly for a bit and so cannot support any PTO arena.  

Wotan, I'm not sure if English is your 2nd language or you are just young, but I find you hard to follow at times.  

I'd really like to see F4Fs, P40s and early Zekes find their way to Aces High.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2002, 08:48:08 PM by Steven »

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
Maybe a PTO set up soon?
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2002, 11:14:59 PM »
Wotan, I have been in the CT since it reupped.  That first PTO is what hooked me on the CT.  I loved flying the ki the couple times I did before I joined the vf-27 for the combat arena and moved exclusively to allied.  In the MA I used to fly only LW focusing mostly on the 190a5.

We fly hurries, seafires, whatever is offered that takes off from a carrier and we enjoy it.  We grin and bear it, maybe you should too.

Cant wait to up tomorrow for squad night and fly some of them russian birds.  Against what?  LW of course!!!

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
To each his own, and all that.........
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2002, 12:09:08 AM »
The first Pac setup was the most fun for me.  First time I logged in the IJN had parked their CV off to the NE of A47, was vulching the heck outta the field.
Couple hours later, me and Hangtime upped from the fleet NE of P32 and took Hellcats out to do battle with a pesky Tony pilot.  To make a long story short, the Tony got Hang, then went after me.  I drug him down after an extended chase and we mixed it up for about 5 minutes, then I finally got a good shot on him and got the kill.  That one sortie alone I ended up with 6 kills, all against Ki61's, and not one time was there an HO.  Did I extend?  Hell yes I did!   There were up to four bad guys on the way at any one time, so when I finished one, I had to extend a bit to get speed before the next one came after me.
I didn't get to fly the second Pac setup due to computer troubles, but would love to have given it a go.
And, FWIW, I do fly the LW and other Axis rides, depending on what is needed to balance the sides.
Fly a Pac setup if you like it, sit it out if ya don't.  Makes me no difference.

Offline BigCrate

• Copper Member
Maybe a PTO set up soon?
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2002, 12:57:07 AM »
This set up is gonna be badass!!!!!!I don't care if the 38or 47s can only up at more rearward bases.. I will be flying 38s and hogs mostly. and I want to take off from a CV when I'm in a hog.
And when i'm in a 38 well it will just get me more time to climb to a hi alt and think more about how to kill all those niks :D :D :D

Cw
=Twin Engined Devils=

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Maybe a PTO set up soon?
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2002, 07:13:08 AM »
:D :D :D

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Maybe a PTO set up soon?
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2002, 08:25:13 AM »
Wotan,

Not every sentence is a paragraph, so try not to put a space after every sentence.  I really can't follow what you are writing, it's a really large mess.  Try to use some proper capitalization, punctuation, and spacing.  I assume English is your second language, but please try to modify your writing style a bit for ease of reading.

I think there is a nicely balanced plane set here.  Give the IJN the George at all bases, along with Tony and Zeke.  I think it's easier to simply go B26 vs. Ki-67 in the buff role... no B-17 needed really.  On the Allied side I'd like to see F6F-5, P-38, F4U-1, and P-47-D11.

You know, no carriers at all would simplify things in my eyes.

And BTW, although I normally fly the Jug, Hellcat, or Hog, in Pac setups I very much enjoy flying the Tony.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
Maybe a PTO set up soon?
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2002, 09:27:16 AM »
Oh lep we need the carrier!!!!  I am all for the extending the shallows, so you cant pull it right up to an enemy base.  Or even better do like in the BOB and put up some heavy defense around those bases.  

Also believe that the b26 is enough.  A26 would be even better!  dont really need the b17, although I am sure some like to fly it against the ijn without having a p51 swoop in and take a wing off.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Maybe a PTO set up soon?
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2002, 12:15:38 PM »
I could probably see my way clear to allow the D-hog off the CV's.  My main concern was trying to balance the IJN and USN airwings as much as the planes set would allow (i.e. one fighter and one strike a/c each).  I really think the respawn delay will have a positive influence to cut down on cv-camping just off shore.  It won't stop it, but should curtail it, as air superiority will be necessary to protect the CV.  Because of my desire to allow amphib assaults, I don't want to take them out entirely...just convince people to use them more wisely.  I'd prefer to have two types of fleets (CV vs CA), as in the Philippine map, but don't have that option with the Ndisles terrain.  I'm not using the Philippine terrain, as it just doesn't have enough land bases for a good set up.  As for the B-17, they will be relatively minor players; only the die-hard buff guys will want to fly as far as they'll need to to hit the enemy, but I want to give them the option.

Sabre
CT Staff
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
Maybe a PTO set up soon?
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2002, 12:32:25 PM »
ndisles huh.  Okay, I was thinking of the last pacific map we had (very nice), but as you say few land bases (arggh the way we likes it m8ty).  Thanks for the hogs on the boats.

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
Maybe a PTO set up soon?
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2002, 02:38:06 PM »
maybe we can sub the la 5 for the ki84 that would even things up a little maybe perk it a point or 2:)

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
Maybe a PTO set up soon?
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2002, 03:49:40 PM »
S!

The George is a far better plane 1-1 than the F4U1 , P-47D11 or F6f5.  The P-38L has a tough time with it.  Having it as an unperked plane available at all bases would is imbalanced.  Personally I think it is better to have it as a low value perk at all bases.

The N1k2 George`s historical opponents were the F4U-D, F4U-C, F4U-4, P-51D and P-47N all of which are better than the existing Allied planes.  The F6f5 also was an opponent, and was outclassed but had big numbers advantages as well as better pilot quality.

Excluding the George and P-38L, the planes in this setup are very even.

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Maybe a PTO set up soon?
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2002, 05:40:33 PM »
Originally posted by Andijg

Hazed, I don't know where you get your figures from but every night we had our squad meetings in the CT when it was set for PTO the sky was FULL.

My personal experience in the PTO CT (pretty much flying each day)was of flying for ijn and getting my bellybutton handed on a plate in the zero/george for loads of fights.finally getting enough perks to fly the NIK and then after doing well in it but inevitably losing it, starting all over again in the less than equally matched zero and george again.  Like i said i wont be flying for IJA/N in the next pac set up if i fly in it.The frustration almost put me off the CT altogether last time.
Besides id rather, maps permissing, try other set ups first. The new map (cant remember its name) that nuttz made would be fine for a IJA vs VVs set up that might be fun.

anyhoooo its up to sabre and the other CM's i guess.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
Maybe a PTO set up soon?
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2002, 06:02:57 PM »
I think most ct folks are all for a no perk on the nik, I know i am.  I was unaware it was perked last time.......

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Maybe a PTO set up soon?
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2002, 11:42:45 AM »
I'd remove the P-38L from the setup, perk it or make it FAR in the back lines.  It has too much JABO capability and is unbalanced as such.  It carries far more payload than the Ki-87 (2 1000lbs & 10 HVARs vs 1 500kg, that's 1100lbs,  bomb).
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
Maybe a PTO set up soon?
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2002, 11:49:13 AM »
The "GEORGE" and the N1K2 are the exact same airplane.   The Ki-61 was codenamed "TONY".

J_A_B