Author Topic: Weirdness in the MA  (Read 139 times)

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Weirdness in the MA
« on: March 29, 2002, 12:09:30 AM »
Tonight (3/28/02), I consistently had a 39 - 45 ping time to the MA and yet frequently couldn't get past the tower.  I had lots of opportunities to observe this because I discoed 5 times.

Toss in two server crashes, and yep, weird night in the MA.

curly

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Weirdness in the MA
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2002, 12:47:53 AM »
It got so weird one time tonight, I coulda swore I heard somebody playing the banjo on voice comms. What'll happen next?

:)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Weirdness in the MA
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2002, 01:36:07 AM »
..I coulda swore I heard somebody playing the banjo on voice comms..

I thought i heard a cat playing amazing grace on the pipes. I didn't disco, but i wanted to.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Weirdness in the MA
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2002, 07:19:56 AM »
Ahhhh, the Bishops plans to foil the enema are working :D.  Ooops
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
Weirdness in the MA
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2002, 12:56:48 PM »
I had the same problem pretty much the whole day yesterday. I made a post about it in the connectivity section

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
Weirdness in the MA
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2002, 02:39:45 PM »
Yea heard the same strange muffled voices but I thought it was just the HTC crew having a pizza party.;)

Saw a lot of wierd stuff last night also.I did a long ju88 run while I was afk.Come back just before bomb release with 2 spits closing in.All of a sudden frame rate drops to about 3fps and stayed there.Everything jumping around in slow motion and boom I die and the computer locks hard.First lock up for me since 1.08.Rebooted and played the rest of the night with few problems.

Frodo

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Weirdness in the MA
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2002, 02:41:00 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime

I thought i heard a cat playing amazing grace on the pipes. I didn't disco, but i wanted to.

that's a tough song to disco to, you should try some BeeGee's or something from the 70's....

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Weirdness in the MA
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2002, 10:55:15 PM »
I get a CTD, or crash to desktop instead of discos. I Can't stay on more than 5 minutes before this happens since patch 2. This patch makes V1.8 look good.  :(
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Kutt

• Zinc Member
      • http://home.cfl.rr.com/kutt
Weirdness in the MA
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2002, 06:22:14 PM »
I was shot down by an invisible plane. I start taking pings look behind me no one. Fly in a circle to see if I flew over a PT boat none down there. I was only 500 feet off of the water. I was damaged so I turned for home I start taking pings again. Look around again still nothing. I turned on the recorder and leveled out. I start taking a lot of pings then died. Somebody named 1beny shot me down. No clue what caused this. My guess is there were some serious lag/networking problems. I did a trace route after the death it was 0% packet loss and a consistent 60-80 ping. I've been seeing a lot more lag than usual in the Main Arena over the last few days, but my trace routes look the same as they have always looked.

Offline Taiaha

• Copper Member
Weirdness in the MA
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2002, 06:59:31 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Ahhhh, the Bishops plans to foil the enema are working :D.  Ooops

So that's why I felt as if someone was crawling up my butt all evening. . .