Author Topic: Where To Post?  (Read 1296 times)

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Where To Post?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2002, 09:50:23 PM »
FTP clients? same as FTP uploader ? this wont help me change or access the film ive already put on my webspace will it? or is it similar to hotdog pagewiz? man my head hurts! :)

guys i may as well give up. this is all beyond my patience.4 hours of downloading and trying one software programme after another has bored me to death! :)

one last idea..

if i was to delete all the crap off my webspace then copy the source code for a website that is just a list of files (like yours AKiron) would that work? then just upload to that ?
its not that simple is it :D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2002, 09:56:26 PM by hazed- »

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Where To Post?
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2002, 10:12:32 PM »
hazed delete everything you have on there now

make a new html document label it index.html create a directory and label it images.

Follow what I said in the other thread about using real producer. convert your avi to rm the use the "create web page" feature in real producer. (under "tools")

when you ran your now rm file through the create web page tool you film will be converted to a .RAM file load that .RAM file in to the image directory you created using your ftp uploader.

The html document that was created using real producer either copy and paste the text that I said in the other thread to the index.html or use the html document that was generated in real producer as a template (this would be easiest) and add what ever else you want to it (title background color text size etc.) and save this as index.html then use ur ftp unloader to load it up.

Now repeat this for each film. how ever all you need to do is copy and paste this part off all the additional films you wanna upload
-- pagelayout="pop-up"
-- serverpath="3jg2image\"  (this would be image\ for you)
-- mediafile="jabo.rm" (this is the avi you converted)
-- metafile="jabo.ram" (this is the film that was converted to .ram)
/!>

3jg2image/190f82.00.ram">190f8 Jabo

the bold is the link to your image file and film

your s would be "images/Hazed'sfilm.00.ram"

Hope that helps :)

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
Where To Post?
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2002, 06:07:20 AM »
wotan thanks for trying to help mate but I have tried to find real producer but there is not a trial download to use.The site only has real producer pro as far as i can see.I also want to keep my films in .bik format which is a Bink film format.Im so used to it now I dont really want to start learning real player tools, plus I have a real problem(excuse the pun :)) with all real player software as it tries to update itself all the time and i dont like this sort of auto update feature in software.also id rather keep the simple page i have up as its better than a blank page BUT if in order to post a movie file for others to download I 'have to' delete it, I will.I was kind of hoping there was a way around it(ie making a second page with a simple list format?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2002, 06:09:21 AM by hazed- »

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Where To Post?
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2002, 07:25:38 AM »
Free real produce

Heres a link to the free real producer basic. :)

You know that inorder for folks to watch your film they need the blink viewer in stalled.

While I have it installed because wwiiol uses the  blink format for its movies not alot of folks have that viewer installed.

Real Player (.rm)and Window media player (.wmv) are the most popular.

Then I would guess Quicktime would be third.

If your set on the blink player you can still put you blink movie in the image file and and link it on the index.html page. You will also want to provide a link to download trhe blink player so folks if they choose can grab it right from your page.

images/HazedFilm.bik">Film Description

Heres how you would link your film on the index page back to images/hazedfilm.bik. You can just copy and paste that line just change the film name to the right one and add your own description.

(are blink films .blk or .bik? either way you get the point.)

I just got my domain set up so check my page out using the 3./JG2 link in my sig let me know what ya think :)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2002, 07:30:54 AM by Wotan »

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Where To Post?
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2002, 07:33:16 AM »
Also you can link screenshots from the index.html page using the same type of link. Just upload your screens to the images file.

However most .bmp files are huge so conver them to .jpg

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Where To Post?
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2002, 07:36:43 AM »
just zip me your film I do ya up a page that lists your film I will email it back to you check it out see how I did it then make your modifications and customize it then upload to your web addy.

Hell I could done 10 pages with all this typin in these 2 threads :)

just kidding ya :)

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Where To Post?
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2002, 07:43:38 AM »
Windows Media encoder

This will convert avi to .wmv for windows media player (I think you made need audio on film for it to be converted to .wmv  but I dont remember).

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
Where To Post?
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2002, 08:09:26 AM »
lol wotan i know what you mean!

Ive downloaded the realsystem basic 8.XX

and the converter and ill give them a go. thanks for all the time you've spent helping me(the cuddlinghunked newbie :)) learn all this stuff :).

man i long for the days of paper and pencil design! where you just sent it off to the printer to worry over  hehe

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
Where To Post?
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2002, 09:16:58 AM »
btw the films i have encoded using the realsystem have 'apparently worked but when i play them they just show the title bar with the little arrow moving showing the film playing but theres no picture.Same with the films from your site.
However on the web page you made for me the 190 film plays fine.
I wondered what the difference is between the fim on the page you made for me and the ones on your site(and the ones ive converted) are?

strange eh?

is one .rm and the other .ram because of sound maybe?

when i used windows media encoder to try to convert a film it says its not a valid file because it has no audio.
unfortunately although i can add audio to my films in BINK they only play whilst in bink format.if i convert any films with sound made using BINK to AVI(divx for example) the sound is lost but the film is converted ok.This is why i wanted to stick with BINK.

heres a rundown on what i have on my system : but remember im new to all of these so im just getting to grips with them:

Virtualdub
videomach
AVIedit
Lame
goldwave
Dubit
BINK and smacker
Realproducer basic
windows media encoder

Bink is only one that seems to accept all the divx encoding when converting files
Bink is the only programme with which i have found out how to greyscale my avis
Bink is only one ive learned how to add audio with
virtualdub is the only one ive managed to edit Avi's with
real producer I have converted films and they play but nothing shows up
I have used web page maker with real producer and it seems to work fine (makes basic page ok)

the rest ive played with and found a bit tricky so ive obviously stuck with what i found easy.this is where im at at the moment.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2002, 09:19:12 AM by hazed- »

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Where To Post?
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2002, 09:22:05 AM »
just minimize your browser the real player will expand and you should see them fine. :)

Edit
Doh you will need real player 1 basic (the free one) to view mine they are rm files.

I do a have done a few .wmv (window media player) but I prefer rm.

Free real player 1

go through and get rid of those programs you dont use.

I only use virtual dub real producer and windows encoder. I use winamp to convert mp 3 to wav files and use creative wav studio to crop wav files.

I use evrsoft as a html editor

and use ws_ftp as an ftp uploader.

I use infranview to do quick image editing and gimp to do more detailed image work.

Thats it.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2002, 09:32:29 AM by Wotan »