Author Topic: 109 E4  (Read 311 times)

Offline Modas

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
109 E4
« on: April 09, 2002, 12:40:22 PM »

Well, for the first time, in many, many moons, I took up a piece of german iron.  I chose the E4, just cuz it was new  ;)   I flew several flight with it, at one point finding myself in a 3 vs 1 :eek:  But mangaged to bag one of the 3 before some fellow rooks came in a bailed me out.

I am by no means a good pilot when it comes to flying German a/c, but these were my observations from my several flights

1.  Pretty good lo speed handling/turn rate
2.  Lousy roll rate (rudders help)
3.  Lousy hi speed handling
4.  Average climb
5.  Average speed
6.  Great Perkies :)

You can't really bnz it, cuz the controls seem to get pretty mushy over 400 knots (especially roll) and it can't stay in an extended turn fite.  Due to the average speed, it can't run from a fight very easily either.  In fact, I think a spitV could run this thing down after I looked at the charts.  The only thing I could see is that it has a pretty good inital turn rate.

So, looking at all this, the best I can figger is to turn fight the bandit and if you don't get him in the first turn or two, you'd better have a lot of altitude, or some friends :D

Now my question is, how does one fight with this plane?  Any and all help is appreciated.  My initial reaction is I like this plane even tho it seem to have a lot of weaknesses.  I need a plane I can supplement my c205 when it is in the shop and I like the challenge :D

Thanks!