Author Topic: Are you Californians  (Read 530 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Are you Californians
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2002, 11:53:20 PM »
Its the high fructose corn syrup that does all the fattening from sodas.

The stuff is horrible, particualrly if you drink gallons of the stuff and just sit in front of the TV or computer like too many kids do.  Parents need to realize that children are the major commitment of ones life and the TV and computer are not substitute parents.

Parents need to stop expecting the government to legislate the stuff they should be doing on their own.  I don't want the government taking our freedoms because parents are too lazy and/or self absorbed to do the job they are supposed to do.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Hamish

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Are you Californians
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2002, 12:23:15 AM »
Sometimes i ask myself why i wanted to move back to this state. What a bunch of retards got elected to this state's government.

Hamish

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Are you Californians
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2002, 12:43:59 AM »
Hey, all that money the state spends has to come from SOMEWHERE.

TNSTAAFL, right? There's no such thing as a free lunch.

So now the sneaky politicos are picking the pockets of the soda pop drinkers. Why? Why does a dog lick his balls? Because he can!

Death and taxes, guys.  ;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Are you Californians
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2002, 02:13:17 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
You can buy beer and wine at many grocery stores in Texas, not "hard liquor" though.

Actually Iron, Mrfish is referring to a recent trip he made to our wonderful state in which he had to pass through several 'dry areas' in the Amarillo area where he wasnt able to buy alcohol of any kind.  Personally I think he is just a whiner and any respectable FDB would not have had this problem because he would have had plenty of beverages of the alcoholic variety in his possession and would not have had to stop to replenish his supply.  It is clearly a case of a lack of planning on MrFish's part and trying to shift the blame for that lack of planning onto our state liquor laws.  

:D

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Are you Californians
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2002, 02:23:43 AM »
it's just unamerican that's all....hmpf... dry county who thoughta that.....guy's damn near liable to go nuts in a place like that :D

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Are you Californians
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2002, 10:14:30 AM »
Well hell, its a sin.....isn't it?

:)

I hate to let the facts get in the way of a good whine....but....did anyone really READ the article?

The idea is given little chance of passing, at least not in this election year, but it's reigniting an old debate at the Capitol

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Are you Californians
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2002, 10:21:03 AM »
Have lived in other States (military) and don't recall ever living in a "dry county" anywhere other than Texas. Kinda ironical that living in a dry county in Texas when I was a teenager made it easier for me to buy beer. The local bootlegger didn't care how old you were. :D
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Are you Californians
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2002, 10:21:12 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
Hey, all that money the state spends has to come from SOMEWHERE.

TNSTAAFL, right? There's no such thing as a free lunch.

So now the sneaky politicos are picking the pockets of the soda pop drinkers. Why? Why does a dog lick his balls? Because he can!

Death and taxes, guys.  ;)

Oh MAN! Great one Toad! LOL!

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Are you Californians
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2002, 10:22:11 AM »
I dont know whats the appeal of those bellybutton colas. I bet its the aggressive marketing campaign. MUST-DRINK-COLA.

Juice is much tastier IMO.

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
Are you Californians
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2002, 11:28:36 AM »
Originally posted by mrfish
dry county who thoughta that?

The bootleggers.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline superpug1

• Probation
  • Silver Member
Are you Californians
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2002, 04:18:18 PM »
Hey we can buy liquer at grocerystores. mr. stupid head from californua land sir. misspelling ws meant.:p

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Are you Californians
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2002, 06:05:05 PM »
Originally posted by superpug1
Hey we can buy liquer at grocerystores. mr. stupid head from californua land sir. misspelling ws meant.:p

Maybe so, but can you buy beer, hard liquor, a sand candle AND a tinfoil pyramid hat from a hairy legged earth momma ALL at the same store like we can in California?

:D