Author Topic: Apology to GVortex and Question for HTC  (Read 214 times)

Offline thomas047

• Zinc Member
Apology to GVortex and Question for HTC
« on: September 18, 2001, 01:40:00 PM »
I have been around off and on since the Beta Tour days (just re-upped again last week), but last night I had a new experience.  After a somewhat unsuccessful evening, I took off in a P51B for my last ride of the night.  Shortly after takeoff, this large gray message box appeared in the middle of my screen. Something to the effect of "GVortex wishes to join your flight".  I was not aware of this feature and the only reason I could think of at that moment that anyone would join a flight would be to gun for a buff.  Since I was in a fighter, I figured it was a mistake so I hit decline.

Somewhat later I was in the middle of a fight, and was lining up a FW.  Just as I got to firing range, the gray box appeared in the middle of my screen with the same request.  @#$%^& missed out on the kill, grabbed and hit decline again.  Soon after, still in the fight, trying to evade a NIK, the gray box reappears again.  Took some pings and hit decline again in time to eat dirt.  Logged off.

Thinking about it later it occurred to me that another use for this feature would be a checkride or training flight.  While I would question GVortex's choice of me as someone to observe,  in that light it probably was wrong of me to decline the request.  So, GVortex, if you read this, I apologize.  I should have accepted the initial request.  Your repeated requests were not appreciated, but wouldn't have been necessary if I had accepted the first time.  Besides, one ride with me and you probably wouldn't ask again.  :eek:

The feature is fine except the size and placement of the message box.  Perhaps something a bit smaller and in a corner would get the same message across, but would enable one to at least finish something they're in the middle of before responding.

Great game btw, having a lot of fun.

Badco

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2001, 01:55:00 PM »
.showjoin    (Toggles .join requests from popups to msg bar)

This command was added recently.  If you toggle it off, invites appear in the message bar instead of a window.

Offline DRILL

• Copper Member
      • http://www.457thbgh.com
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2001, 01:56:00 PM »
the thing of it is he should of asked you first on tex or RW. not just try to pop in on you . i find that to be rude . always ask first.
Drill /384th FA/CH 364th

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2001, 01:58:00 PM »
I should have mentioned that if you toggle .showjoin off, you have to use:
.accept GameID    (Accepting a .join)
.decline GameID    (Declining a .join)

Offline thomas047

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2001, 05:57:00 PM »
Thank you for the information Mickey1992.  DRILL, your points are well taken.

Badco