Author Topic: Ah & Track Ir  (Read 176 times)

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
Ah & Track Ir
« on: April 04, 2002, 05:02:21 PM »
Greetings aces,

today, finally my Track IR GX unit arrived and I eagerly tested it with my 2 favourite sims. Works like a dream in IL2 - although I haven't refined the movement yet it feels very natural and increases immersion immensly - only problem is my thumb feeling a bit workless... :)

1st tests in AH:

Alas, the Track IR software lets you map the "right mouse button" to a key - so I can get mouselook without accessing the mouse itself (still would be great to have a mapable key in AH setup itself). Tracking seems to work but the mouse is "out of calibration" - zero view is somewhere at high 2 o'clock and I cant get the view to the left side. This happens even with the Tracking device disabled (e.g. pure mouse view). From what I understand it looks like AH wants to calibrate the mouse if you calibrate the stick - but how the heck do you calibrate a mouse? Is there a way to get around that? Which line in the stick.cfg refers to the mouse axis? Will deleting those lines help? (remember I did some early mouseview test where deleting the whole stick.cfg file helped)

Anyone using Track IR with AH? Help appreciated!
Real men fly Radial!

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
Ah & Track Ir
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2002, 12:53:31 PM »
Help!

Can't get MOUSEVIEW right in AH. View is off center and only travels 1 half of the screen. Calibrating the mouse ended in a disaster - help needed...

MOUSEVIEW only works when stick.cfg file deleted (e.g. no calibration)

Arrrgh
Real men fly Radial!