Author Topic: Training Help  (Read 394 times)

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
Training Help
« on: April 05, 2002, 08:07:54 PM »
I need some seriouse help.  Im getting shot down 75% of the time without getting any kills.  It's frustrating to watch other players get multiple kills with ease while I don't seem to get any better. I've been flying the spit 5.

meddog:(
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
Training Help
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2002, 10:14:15 PM »
Meddog,
I hate to break the news to you but it is not easy to get multiple kills.....How long have you been flying Sim's?  Spit V is a good plane but not the easiest one for kills in.  I suggest trying the Spit IX or the Niki.  Lephturn has a great website to research stuff as well.

The key to getting kills is practice practice more practice.....keep trying....also review your films....tape your flights and see what it is the enemy is doing to kill you...then try to mimic that....

Practice.....

To be more effective in the BBS forum please let us know what your experience is....how long sims, basic ACM y or n, etc.....

Most of us are always willing to help....

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
help
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2002, 09:43:20 AM »
I flew Airworriors for about 2-3 months before it went out of business trying to fly various aircraft spit5/9, F4,F6,P38 & P51's without much success but I could tell I ws getting better.  Then I went to Warbirds for about 2 months flying Spit 5/9 and FW109/190's were I achieved over 100 kills/month (which was good for that game) before moving here. Tour 26 stats: 126 kills, 38 assists, 547 sorties, 44 landngs,22 bails, 26 ditches & 421 deaths. Kills/death .27, kills/sortie .23, hit % 2.16, points 9375. I have read ACM tactics downloaded from the KRUATS web page and have tried to learn the strengths and weaknesses of the variouse airplanes to decide if I should B&z or Turnfight. feel free to review my stats if that is possible.   I have also spent some time in the training arena tho I don't keep track of my stats, I seem to do pretty well there. I flew once against "GHOSHT"( I think thats how you spell it. he's an instructor) inwhich  I got a Kill. He did say that I seemed to have good basic skills but I probably should work on positioning and when to move up for the kill.  But once I get into the main arena nothing seems to work. How do I get to Lephturns web site? thanks for your ideas:p
« Last Edit: April 06, 2002, 09:54:19 AM by meddog »
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.

Offline maddog1

• Zinc Member
Training Help
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2002, 10:19:16 AM »
fly with you anytime..... if you see me online yell out..... get shot down alot but I get lots of kills........

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
Training Help
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2002, 10:34:52 AM »
(funny, you guys have similar names...)

Meddog, I have been flying for about 2 years now, and I normally rank around 200-300 in the MA.  While rank does not concern me, the amount of kills per sortie does.  When I first started I played with a mouse, and that led me almost nowhere, I was getting shot down left and right with no rhyme or reason.  Then I got a joystick (Logitech Wingman Extreme) and it's been all uphill from there.  Then I leveled out again with a medicore rank.  So I tried some different settings.  I took off tracers, messed with the joystick mapping, etc.  All in all, my point is that sometimes small changes can lead to huge improvements.  I know you are just starting, but keep things interesting for yourself.  As for killing other planes, I realized that I looked too quickly for a fight most of the time and forgot tactics.  Use altitude to your advantage, get that bounce manuever down good.  You will improve tremendously with patience and changing things from time to time.  Good luck and don't get discouraged too quickly! (Again, call me out anytime in MA and I'll fly with ya).

Jason
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
Training Help
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2002, 11:21:04 AM »
You can get to lephturns site from the community/links page I am pretty sure....our squad night is tonight at 6pm MST so if ya want look us up......We will be more than happy to help ya out!

Also, suggest setting your convergence to around 300 for all guns...thats what Im running and it helped out a good bit.

Mike