Author Topic: With Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemys  (Read 375 times)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
With Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemys
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2002, 11:58:54 PM »
Originally posted by hblair
If you want my kill bad enough to steal it, have at it.

doenst mean much comming from a guy that kills with the tater gun...how many you lose to others boss....

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2002, 12:07:38 AM »
Every once in a while the status quo in the game is imperfect guys. The kill implementation in AH seems to be a bit simplistic and it creats sillyness in the game. I dont know why the line on a kill was drawn so that you had to explode the thing or kill the pilot to get the kill. Certainly Gun camera of the left wing departing the enemy AC would get you the kill in ww2. Gun camera of you chasing a flaming stub of an enemy trying to blow the thing up would probebly get you off flight status for a week or two...

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2002, 12:17:12 AM »
Pongo.. just re-read yer post.

if htc can figure a way to 'lock' the subject planes hit counter or damage totalizer the instant it reaches critical unflyable damage, and award the 'kill' at that same moment w/o out locking the guy outta a bail, or taking a 'bait' airplane outta play then that's fine... then the chasers of the dead will just be wastin ammo, altitude and time following a pile of junk down that they can't damage any further... be even better if any ammo expended on a dead plane that hits ain't aded to ahit score percentage too.

i just don't like at all the 'pop' yer dead the instant the tail gets shot away or a wing comes off bit. that would suck. 1 ping pilot deaths are bad enuff! I prefer the immersion of watching parts come off a plane, the struggles of the pilot as he trys to bail, and the skeet shootin session when he does. ;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Re: With Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemys
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2002, 12:32:00 AM »
Originally posted by JoeCrip
Ok, now here's my idea. AS SOON as a plane is no longer flyable, the game automatically awards you the kill. So, if you shoot off the tail section of an enemy plane, and it can no longer fly, the kill is instantly awarded to you.

Comments?

A big problem with this form of credit is vulching.

I spawn my zeke at a vulched field and before I even roll someone blasts my tail off.  Fair enough.  But now he gets a kill?  I can't even end the sortie?  I'm sittin there still on the runway, in a busted plane, not a scratch to my flesh, yet I'm dead because someone was awarded my "kill".  

eskimo

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
Joe and Zip
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2002, 03:37:57 AM »
Joe, I'm the fist to squeak about a kill steal, since the kills I get are so far and few between, and I used to fly with Zip, under a different name. Zip has always been a great player, and I can't believe that what happened was intentional. As far as the kill stealin goes, I fly a 205 most of the time, and when I work a  plane down to the point I can shoot him down and someone else steals the kill, I do get pissed. A comprehensive kill award model would be much appreciated. And as for the converstation you guys had on prvt, again, I flew with Zip, I apologize for him:D

Offline Morsa

• Zinc Member
Re: With Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemys
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2002, 04:11:48 AM »

...WTF has happened to the MA. EVERYONE is kill stealing, even the people i respect, well, used to respect. Are people that worried about their precious K/D, and perks? please...

It has reached epidemic levels in the MA, it ruins moral and generally pisses people off.
[/B]

I remember a time when you would get "You need a hand with that spit?" This "shooting after they are dead" has really gotten bad.
[/B]

All this situation is just a consequence of the perks points system, comradeship and chivalry are gone. Everybody is mad about get more perks and don't mind the way to get them.
The thing worsen as the population in the MA grows.

Bring the RPS to MA!!!

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2002, 05:28:00 AM »
Who cares who gets the kill.Long as there dead they cant do any harm at that moment. Steal all the kiklls ya want from me.Ive had it done several times.Never said a word because I know who got em.I dont need a score to prove it.Score doesnt mean a thing.As in AW it basicly shows who spends the most time in there.Personaly if I see a plane obviously out of commision,Im not going to fire on it.That is unless I put a ton of damage on it and someone clips a wing.Then its free for all. All this swipein kills does is make someone hold a grudge against a fellow countryman.The stealer is more likely than not to end up with no help from the offended party.If your stealing a kill there probebly flying in the same area and able to assist,maby even save your ass.But this is like the Hideing the CV thread.Some people are juast going to do what they want and being there money,there entitled.
HONOR IS DEAD!!!!! SHOOT FOR THE WINGS!!!:confused:
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
Re: That was YOU?????????
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2002, 07:24:37 AM »
Originally posted by eddiek
But......if the plane IS unflyable, make the icon go out completely?  Might make aiming really hard for a potential kill stealer or just give him/her the message "this one is dead, you tard, move on"..lol!  ;)

How about changing the icon to something like "JUNK" or "TRASH"?

Originally posted by eskimo2
I spawn my zeke at a vulched field and before I even roll someone blasts my tail off.  Fair enough.  But now he gets a kill?  I can't even end the sortie?  I'm sittin there still on the runway, in a busted plane, not a scratch to my flesh, yet I'm dead because someone was awarded my "kill".

Whoever shot your tail destroyed one aircraft. That's a kill, isn't it?! OTH, shouldn't anthing on the ground be scored as ATTACK? Including vehicles?

Wouldn't it be better to share the kill among those who did damage? So you can get only 1/2 kill by kill stealing, and what is now assists would be actually worth something.

Offline JoeCrip

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg51.8m.net
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2002, 07:52:21 AM »
Well, here's what i think about FLyable and Unflyable

Flyable:
-Missing an elevator
-Missing 1 or 2 Airelons (but you still have rudder)
-Engine or Rad. Shot out
-Piolt Wounded

Unflyable:
-When your engine dies, and you are far from a friendly base, the kill should be awarded
-Both elevators shot off
-Vertical Slab shot off
-Both airelons and rudders

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Re: Re: That was YOU?????????
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2002, 08:00:58 AM »
Originally posted by ccvi

Whoever shot your tail destroyed one aircraft. That's a kill, isn't it?! OTH, shouldn't anthing on the ground be scored as ATTACK? Including vehicles?

You are missing the point.

I and others land or ditch basically totaled planes all the time and no one gets credit.

eskimo

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
Re: Re: Re: That was YOU?????????
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2002, 08:32:56 AM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
You are missing the point.

I and others land or ditch basically totaled planes all the time and no one gets credit.

You have landed a plane without a tail?! Two half wings missing, yes. Two elevators missing, doable. Death rules should be defined appropriately.

Offline laz

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2002, 09:33:05 AM »
This ALWAYS works for me.... :Lazer: "nice kill man" :stealer: "Thx"

THEN... You line up at about d75, aim for cockpit, and go all out on the trigger.