Author Topic: AH voice question.  (Read 517 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
AH voice question.
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2002, 08:46:39 AM »
beeg.. yes. that appears to be the case.    It would be nice if we had seperate volume controls tho as toad suggested.   I'm sure that others don't want to hear me any more than I want to hear them.

I am certainly not going to "learn a new skill" and will continue to communicate with my squaddies in the same manner as before.
lazs

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
AH voice question.
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2002, 09:12:10 AM »
I feared the worst for the Range channel when it was first introduced, but I've found it to be an asset to the game 99% of the time, and .squelch works fine for the other 1%.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
AH voice question.
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2002, 10:53:22 AM »
Laz, the best option for you would then be to disable AHVoice & run on a separate application (RW, etc...)

or

You can plan that hour of "squelch typing" before taking off :D
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline DES

• Copper Member
AH voice question.
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2002, 06:55:16 PM »
I would disable AHV if you could but you can't. RW won't work now that we have AHV so I for one am stuck with this. There is only 1 other person I want to speak with in this game but I have to hear everyone in order to talk to him. I'd squelch channel 2 if I could but you can't do that either.

DES

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
AH voice question.
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2002, 06:31:24 AM »
The little I flew during the last TOD we used RW, AHV was already there, worked fine.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
AH voice question.
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2002, 08:26:52 AM »
AHVoice is a fine thing....volume presets would be nice...not to totally eliminate range, but a lower preset volume setting .

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
AH voice question.
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2002, 08:30:12 AM »
RW works fine for me.  It is much clearer and better quality than AH voice but I am using the older version.   This is not the case with my squaddies however.   A few of them can't use RW, it simply won't work for them so as a concession to them the rest of us are using AH voice.  

pop... the range thing has or, people interupting has not been at all helpful even once so far.   It simply is anoying.   I move around a lot to try to find field with a lot of action close at hand so I would just about have to squelch the whole country.  gotta be an eaiser way.  

This all seems kinda odd to me.   If people were able to read and respond on the squad text channel there would be a lot of pissed off people but now we are one big happy family?   Now we don't mind the "occasional" potty mouth or interupter or inane chatter?  Give it time I guess.  
lazs

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
AH voice question.
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2002, 08:38:05 AM »
There are some people on AHvoice who can get on my nerves, but I can see what HT is trying to do here. The vast majority of pilots seem to use voice in a responsible way and are generally helpful. I think it's a plus for the game. Very smart programming on HTC's part.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
AH voice question.
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2002, 08:45:49 AM »
Are you saying that AH voice is a way to "force" us to interact?   Isn't channel 1 a way for everyone to "chat"?   Why is channel one so offensive to so many and AH voice is not?   I find actually hearing someones inane remarks even worse than trying to not read em.   What am I missing here?   Oh well... give it time I guess.
lazs

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
AH voice question.
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2002, 08:58:53 AM »
lol   lazs.  Don't put something in there that doesn't belong ..

AHVoice is there (and RW for that matter) because it's easier than trying to type while flying.

Offline Bluedog

• Silver Member
AH voice question.
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2002, 01:03:15 AM »
Tune radio 5 to channel 4, only members of your squad can be on that channel.
Someone says something on range channel that annoys you, squelch them, only takes a second anyway.

Blue

Offline DES

• Copper Member
AH voice question.
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2002, 09:34:40 AM »
It's a lot of work to squelch everybody in the area. Would be a lot easier if you could just squelch range channel like you squelch 1 and 6.

DES

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
AH voice question.
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2002, 10:34:53 AM »
Personally I don't want to squelch the range channel because some country players use it to give 'check six' calls by voice and addressed to a callsign on that channel rather than using the check six button. Which makes sense if you have allot of friendlies and don't want to bother cycling through various friendlies to address the one that needs to check 6.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
AH voice question.
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2002, 11:06:33 AM »
Apar, then if there was a way to squelch the range channel, don't do it.  ;)

I'd like there to be separate volume sliders for the two radios at the very least.

However, this looks like a case where Lazs is just gonna have to deal with it.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
AH voice question.
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2002, 09:52:11 AM »
nifty.. it appears that you are right but I don't think that I am the only one who finds this surprising (and annoying).  I imagine that more will feel the same as AH voice is understood by more people.  I can live with it tho.   I have seen worse ideas.   I came from dos AW and then WB.  In WB you either lived with it or got out.
lazs